Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

Shank doesn't have a pony you see.

KRonn

Wow, so much wind and heavy rain here!! Flooding in towns and cities along the Massachusetts coast, including large cities like Boston and Quincy. Roads flooded out by ocean water but also so much rain that inland has some nasty flooding too. I was out to pick up a trash barrel that was being blown around the yard. Then I checked around the yard and the high winds whistling through the trees were very scary, freaky sounding. I didn't want to be out there. In some areas we have near hurricane winds, especially for those on Cape Cod with wind gusts up to 80mph.

Liep

Weather is great here, sunny with a high of -14 degrees and no wind.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 02, 2018, 07:32:45 PM
Weather is great here, sunny with a high of -14 degrees and no wind.

:(

The Thaw begins here, + 6.6C at noon.  :bowler:

KRonn

Heavy rain stopped early morning but strong winds will continue for at least today, with higher tides along the coast. Going to get some mixed weather next week, rain, snow. So it'll be interesting. I guess so much for a mild entry into March. Trees in my yard made out ok, just the usual small branches down. Last night I heard what sounded like a wood chipper somewhere in the neighborhood. Maybe a tree or big branch came down. I'll find out next time out walking, but too cold and windy today to go out much.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on March 03, 2018, 10:02:49 AM
Heavy rain stopped early morning but strong winds will continue for at least today, with higher tides along the coast. Going to get some mixed weather next week, rain, snow. So it'll be interesting. I guess so much for a mild entry into March. Trees in my yard made out ok, just the usual small branches down. Last night I heard what sounded like a wood chipper somewhere in the neighborhood. Maybe a tree or big branch came down. I'll find out next time out walking, but too cold and windy today to go out much.

Heah KRonn, you do what I do, have a regular perambulation around  my local manor to check on things.  :)

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on March 03, 2018, 01:16:09 PM

Heah KRonn, you do what I do, have a regular perambulation around  my local manor to check on things.  :)

I was out talking to neighbors who were also doing clean-up, mainly picking up small branches and debris from the yard. Next street over they had some large branches down and using chain saws to cut up things. I took a ride through town to get coffee and didn't see any significant damage but lots of small branches down, things like that. I'm sure there were trees and large branches down that I didn't see.

Last wind storm I had a couple of large branches from my next door neighbor's tree come down in my side/back yard. She's 85 years old so I cut up the branches using a power saw where needed, and loppers on the smaller branches. (Loppers are a great invention! So handy.) My neighbor is such a nice person - she made me some pastries like she often does when I help her out even though I tell her not to. I and other neighbors often help her out but even at her age she gets out there and does a good bit of work. Her kids often come by to help her out too.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on March 03, 2018, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 03, 2018, 01:16:09 PM

I was out talking to neighbors who were also doing clean-up, mainly picking up small branches and debris from the yard. Next street over they had some large branches down and using chain saws to cut up things. I took a ride through town to get coffee and didn't see any significant damage but lots of small branches down, things like that. I'm sure there were trees and large branches down that I didn't see.

Last wind storm I had a couple of large branches from my next door neighbor's tree come down in my side/back yard. She's 85 years old so I cut up the branches using a power saw where needed, and loppers on the smaller branches. (Loppers are a great invention! So handy.) My neighbor is such a nice person - she made me some pastries like she often does when I help her out even though I tell her not to. I and other neighbors often help her out but even at her age she gets out there and does a good bit of work. Her kids often come by to help her out too.

:cool:

Yes elderly neighbours are a concern, one of mine of that age, I caught her walking back from the shops in the bitter cold wind on Wednesday; she had no hat, no gloves and only a fleece. : blink:

At the time I was wearing two hats, two coat and two pairs of gloves.

Eddie Teach

Mongers, I don't think those items are designed to be stacked.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Now over 13C here at 2.20pm. :blink:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2018, 09:10:40 AM
-27 here. Gonna be a frosty walk this morning. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2018, 07:11:35 PM

W.T.F.

Stay safe.  :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on March 04, 2018, 07:11:35 PM

Did I see correctly on FB that you're in Siberia right now???
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

You did, why he picked this time of year though...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son