Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2018, 02:32:06 PM
Got about a foot last night.  :wacko:

Please, enough boasting about your extra-circular activities.   :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Tornado today. And a shit load of Thunderstorms and hail. Spent about an hour in the basement.

Damage near Xenia. Somebody turned on the city's tornado magnet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

They are saying another "atmospheric river" event this Friday.  That is not supposed to happen in April, but it just shows once more that Jerry Brown has screwed up the weather.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

KRonn

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2018, 07:40:59 PM
Tornado today. And a shit load of Thunderstorms and hail. Spent about an hour in the basement.

Wow, scary stuff! Glad you and family are ok.

Ed Anger

Quote from: KRonn on April 04, 2018, 05:22:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2018, 07:40:59 PM

Wow, scary stuff! Glad you and family are ok.

Thanks. On the storm scale it wasn't much. Now the Xenia 2000 tornado was a ripper. Since I was close by when it demolished a supermarket on the road over near Green Memorial Hospital. If was over a bit, it would have ripped up 2 nursing homes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I'm getting pounded with snow in April. :mellow:

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

We just had the first nice spring day. +15 and sun! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

We had a few really nice Spring time days of weather, averaging mid 50sF (12C). Going to be cooler tomorrow but next week the nicer temps continue. It's been nice to get out and enjoy the weather.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2018, 06:10:42 PM
Sunny and 50's here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

The weather has been super crappy here - an ice pellet storm with high winds mixed with rain and freezing rain, that has lasted three days. Power outages all over the place. The shittiest weather imaginable, pretty well.  :(

Now all that slushy crap on the ground is going to melt, no doubt causing floods all over the place. And it is still raining.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Mrs. CC had the misfortune of having to connect on a flight through Toronto yesterday - a quick change of planes turned into a five hour delay.

derspiess

Going fishing in the mountains of WV next weekend.  Forecast keeps going back & forth between cold (snow and a low of 14F w/ wind chill) to pretty damned nice (high of 61F and mostly sunny).  As long as it's not pouring rain the whole time I'll be happy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2018, 09:44:01 AM
Mrs. CC had the misfortune of having to connect on a flight through Toronto yesterday - a quick change of planes turned into a five hour delay.

Most unfortunate - flying during an ice storm is a chancy proposition.

At least this one wasn't as bad as the one we had a couple of years ago, that destroyed something like a third of the tree canopy here. That one was brutal. Trees and electrical poles down all over the place.

This time, it mostly came down as pellets rather than freezing rain. Freezing rain does the really severe damage, sticks to everything and smashes stuff up with its weight. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Apparently, it is now unsafe to go outside downtown (where I am), because chunks of ice are falling from the buildings, crushing things below.

We just got this warning emailed to us.

QuoteWe are receiving some reports that there is ice falling from our building and others in the downtown core, resulting in damage to persons and property.
Please exercise caution if you are travelling outdoors. Please use the PATH system whenever possible.
Be Safe.

Well, damn.

Malthus