News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Wow, I would have thought Toronto was winter proof by now.  Some pretty freak weather.  Be safe Malth  :)

HVC

the parking lot at work this morning was a giant rink. now its a pond.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Did you bring your ice skates?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 16, 2018, 03:24:56 PM
the parking lot at work this morning was a giant rink. now its a pond.

Heh enjoying our wonderful spring weather, are we?  :lol:

Yesterday, I had to chip my car out of a solid block of ice. It was like I was sculpting the damned thing.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

it's oh so wonderful. I was expecting big march storm, but it didn't come... until april lol. My trip is underground so it wasn't too bad.

@Eddie. i'm a bad canadian, I can't skate. Can't do any winter sports actually haha
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 16, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
it's oh so wonderful. I was expecting big march storm, but it didn't come... until april lol. My trip is underground so it wasn't too bad.

@Eddie. i'm a bad canadian, I can't skate. Can't do any winter sports actually haha

What? Even in Southern California, I picked up skating at the mall.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

what can I say, I like traction.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2018, 02:14:02 PM
Wow, I would have thought Toronto was winter proof by now.  Some pretty freak weather.  Be safe Malth  :)

My mom send me pictures of some guys playing hockey - skates and all - on the iced over road in front of her house in Ottawa.

Grey Fox

Snow on the ground this morning.

At this rate, my temporary winter car port will be on my driveway for over 6 months if I don't take it down by May 4th.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

It is sunny and 23c/73f in London today. Tomorrow up to 27c/80f!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

What you are seeing there, on the left, fireplace.  On the right, a small tree. 
That's April 17th.

You can see my spring flowers right there, dead center.  Well, you can't seem them, because there's 3 feet of snow above them, but they are there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2018, 08:30:49 AM
It is sunny and 23c/73f in London today. Tomorrow up to 27c/80f!

:cool:

Yeah a pretty glorious day here too.

Cherry blossom out, hawthorns white with flower, first of the trees budding or greening with leaf.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Today was hotter than any day last year: 26 degrees, which also says something about the shitty summer we had.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on April 19, 2018, 06:32:25 PM
Today was hotter than any day last year: 26 degrees, which also says something about the shitty summer we had.

Hottest April day here in nearly 70 years! :gasp:

UK temperatures top 29C in hottest April day since 1949.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43823074
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Wow, cooler here than Blighty and Denmark.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?