Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2018, 07:58:40 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 31, 2018, 07:53:21 AM
Syt's building needs heat pumps.

It's also hot in America but the only thing without A/C I go to is the inside of my car.

You don't have A/C in your car? I would consider that a health hazard.

This summer has been pretty bad even by our obscene standards. At least we have gotten some rain.

Sometimes, it is. It's a mistake I will not make again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2018, 04:25:03 AM
Recall that European countries, particularly the bits above say Spain and Italy are largely places with no at home a/c.

Several stories about that lack of AC in the news right now because hardly any hotels in Copenhagen has AC not even the expensive ones so tourists are complaining, also the sick are complaining that no hospitals have it not even the newly build ones.

All the major papers are running stories about how to sleep in the heat. Summer is coming and we are unprepared.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

I think we have reached that time of the year when I start thinking wistfully about October.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2018, 03:16:29 PM
I think we have reached that time of the year when I start thinking wistfully about October.

Next week's forecast promises normal Danish summer with 15-23 degree weather, I think it'll be a nice change from the +30 extremes we're having now. Still not a lot of rain though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

10 pm and still 30° in the city.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 31, 2018, 07:56:19 AM
Parisians will be headed to Nice to cool off.

They are already there, as always. Only tourists now in Paris.  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 31, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2018, 04:25:03 AM
Recall that European countries, particularly the bits above say Spain and Italy are largely places with no at home a/c.

Several stories about that lack of AC in the news right now because hardly any hotels in Copenhagen has AC not even the expensive ones so tourists are complaining, also the sick are complaining that no hospitals have it not even the newly build ones.

All the major papers are running stories about how to sleep in the heat. Summer is coming and we are unprepared.

:bowler:

You Danes should be considered honourary Brits.

I bet you're train tracks are too hot/expanding / point failing etc.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Nasty hot and humid lately and will continue into next week. July was also warmer than normal. Rained today for a few hours though, and it feels cooler out there now. But I think it's still humid.

Eddie Teach

Pretty humid, but it feels kind of cool after Texas.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Temperatures in Vienna 8 am today.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2018, 01:21:08 AM

:(

Damn that's bad Syt.

At least here with the continual cloudless skies, it goes down to 15-20C overnight.
So I managed to get the ground floor of the house down to 20.5C this morning.

Syt

Inner City broke 30 degrees before 10 am. :D

Heat is scheduled to (maybe) break Friday but we may hit 38 on Thursday.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2018, 06:37:48 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2018, 01:21:08 AM

Damn that's bad Syt.

At least here with the continual cloudless skies, it goes down to 15-20C overnight.
So I managed to get the ground floor of the house down to 20.5C this morning.

How lucky, I haven't managed to get my apartment below 25C for a month . I never have to turn on the heat even in the coldest of winters, but now all that modern isolation is kicking my ass. :weep:

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 05, 2018, 06:59:18 AM

How lucky, I haven't managed to get my apartment below 25C for a month . I never have to turn on the heat even in the coldest of winters, but now all that modern isolation is kicking my ass. :weep:

Yeah, over insulted houses can be a bugger; I keep all the windows, doors closed during the day, and only opening them at 9-10pm, then leave several downstairs open till 7-8am to help vent some heat out of the open upstairs windows. 

I have opened the loft at nights, to get more through-put, but the daytime heat build-up up there has become too fearsome.

Been trying to buy some permanent external window blinds for 2-3 east facing windows, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Liep

Midnight and it's absolutely windless, 22 degrees and 90% humidity. :bleeding:

Wednesday is suppose to set the all time heat record.