News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Apparently it was a "tropical night" yesterday, something meteorologists call it when the temperature never drops below 20 degrees over 24 hours. It sure as shit was hard to sleep last night so I believe them.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

How is weather.com going to tell me that their is 0% chance of rain in my zipcode while it is raining? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 13, 2014, 09:35:51 AM
How is weather.com going to tell me that their is 0% chance of rain in my zipcode while it is raining? :huh:

Look up, is there a 3 wide cloud hovering above you ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

sbr

There's been some crazy thunder here all day, which is pretty rare. Only a few drops of rain though.

Sheilbh

Uncomfortably muggy. We need a storm.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Oh God the mugginess :weep:

Apparently it'll build to over 30 degrees and humid before we get a storm (at the weekend <_<) :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

We are storming. Still muggy. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

The high was like 70 here today. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Man it is cold in Kentucky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 15, 2014, 06:58:19 PM
Man it is cold in Kentucky.
Yeah, it's a polar vortex in fact.  Now if we could only get those in summer instead of winter, that would be great.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the cool today. Instead of the usual July ball sweats.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Yesterday, I was supposed to be off work, but had to go in for about 3 hours for a meeting.  Left the house at about 1 PM, and it was 97 with mostly clear skies.  Three hours later, when I left work, a cold front had moved through and it was very overcast and the temperature had dropped to 77.

mongers

Quote from: dps on July 16, 2014, 05:56:03 PM
Yesterday, I was supposed to be off work, but had to go in for about 3 hours for a meeting.  Left the house at about 1 PM, and it was 97 with mostly clear skies.  Three hours later, when I left work, a cold front had moved through and it was very overcast and the temperature had dropped to 77.

So progress.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2014, 05:57:09 PM
Quote from: dps on July 16, 2014, 05:56:03 PM

So progress.  :bowler:

??

Savonarola

Florida has been hit with an odd weather pattern, with heavier than normal winds coming off of the Atlantic ocean.  The result has been a series of long heavy storms, rather than the brief hard ones we usually get.  I got stuck in the monsoon yesterday coming back from lunch; even with an golf umbrella, in the brief time it took me to get from the parking lot to the office my pants, shoes and socks got soaked.

It looks like you could plant rice in my neighbors lawn.  Once the rain stops the humidity immediately shoots up above 90%.  Even by Florida standards this has been a wet, sticky July.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock