News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Strauss-Kahn Case Seen as in Jeopardy

Started by Martinus, July 01, 2011, 02:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 10:04:21 AM
I know it's gleeful for you lower class* types to see one of your betters brought down but thankfully most of Europe does not work like this.

*Does not technically apply to garbon but he is black and thus prejudiced against the succesful people too.

I bet you make less money then most of our American posters.  For one thing, most of them aren't are paid in bales of hay or turnips.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 10:48:07 AM
Actually only alfred russell makes more money. We had a thread on this in TBA recently.

Most people don't post in the backroom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Queequeg

Actually only alfred russell makes more money. We had a thread on this in TBA recently.
You are pretty close to your prime earning years. A lot of us aren't.  This is bullshit.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on July 02, 2011, 11:39:11 AM
You are pretty close to your prime earning years. A lot of us aren't.  This is bullshit.

Not really. I'm actually looking to have my income doubled in the next 2-4 years. But I will not be redoing the pissing contest here - out of curiosity, though, how much do you think I earn, a general range wise.

alfred russel

There was probably a lot of guessing in that thread. I've never posted how much I make, for one.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

I was going to post how much I make in that thread, but after seeing other people's responses, I changed my mind.  I don't like embarrassing other people. :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on July 02, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

There was probably a lot of guessing in that thread. I've never posted how much I make, for one.
Yeah but I assume you make more than me. I know noone else who posted in this thread here makes more than me. :)

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 02, 2011, 12:22:16 PM

Yeah but I assume you make more than me. I know noone else who posted in this thread here makes more than me. :)

There are few of us that actually believe you are a lawyer.

Razgovory

It is kind of sad that Marty fall back on income as the measure of a man.

Solmyr

It's the case for all post-communist nations. They wallowed in poverty for so long that they now believe only the amount of money defines a man's worth.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 09:57:09 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 02, 2011, 09:54:20 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 09:48:49 AM
So are you guys happy to live in a society where a mere accusation from a woman is enough to get a man arrested?

There is a whole world of difference between "treating accusations seriously" and arresting someone on a purely she-said-he-said basis.

A "mere accusation from a woman" doesn't get a warrant.  Look up "reasonable suspicion."

These accusations are baseless. What's more, they were incredible to begin with. Some fucking immigrant whore with clear criminal ties wants to make a quick buck on the blackmail, and a career of a man who is worth perhaps one thousand pieces of shit like her is destroyed. Fucking American cretins.

I didn't realize he was gay.

They should've let the police know this, and it would've been cleared up right away.

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2011, 02:30:06 PM

Agreed. We all know it is determined by how many tank divisions he commands.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on July 02, 2011, 02:32:08 PM
It's the case for all post-communist nations. They wallowed in poverty for so long that they now believe only the amount of money defines a man's worth.

I was only responding to Spellus's claim how several people in this thread earn more money than me. I did not start this.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2011, 02:30:06 PM

Oh that's not the only thing. There are also things like "not living with your parents" or "having a job" etc.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on July 02, 2011, 11:05:06 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2011, 10:08:51 AM
Btw, you did well with this principle (not "principal" btw) while owning slaves for nearly a century.
Poles owned slaves for far longer than that, and slavery wasn't abolished there until 1864, almost two years after the Emancipation Proclamation.
:ph34r:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."