News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Slargos, do you think it's an accurate analysis that Swedish people don't have sex because the men are afraid of the women?

My impression of Denmark is that the young people still fuck like rabbits, and I sort of assumed the same is true in Sweden. I mean, I've run in to Swedish guys in clubs in Copenhagen, and they were pretty aggressive in trying to pick up chicks.

Valmy

I mean the English calling you out for not being sexual enough is pretty over the top  :bowler:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 30, 2011, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 29, 2011, 10:29:00 PM
FB's recent ragequit was a shocker.

I missed that.  What happened?

It was over us playing a joke on Marty.

FB martyred himself histrionically for the Marty cause.  Marty was cool about it though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ancient Demon

Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2011, 08:48:47 AMThat's what:  250,000 out of 9.5 million that are potentially "Muslim immigrants who pop out 10 babies per couple?"  How can 0.26% of the population grow...

Something doesn't seem quite right about your numbers.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Valmy

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2011, 07:25:20 PM
Is it really unreasonable for Slargos to by angry about the policies that have caused these crimes to occur? 

Not at all.

QuoteSure, the stuff with Jacob is a bit extreme, but even then, Jacob is getting the reaction he wants.

I don't think Jacob wanted a reaction quite like that.  I don't think Jacob's statement crossed the line in terms of the unwritten Languish Code of Conduct-- I don't think *I* would have said that but it didn't seem out of place here. 

Slarg's reaction to that *did* cross the line on two counts IMO: you don't wish rape upon anyone (even flippantly) and you don't go after spouses, family members, etc.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on June 30, 2011, 10:55:41 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 29, 2011, 07:25:20 PM
Sure, the stuff with Jacob is a bit extreme, but even then, Jacob is getting the reaction he wants.
I don't think Jacob wanted a reaction quite like that.  I don't think Jacob's statement crossed the line in terms of the unwritten Languish Code of Conduct-- I don't think *I* would have said that but it didn't seem out of place here. 

Slarg's reaction to that *did* cross the line on two counts IMO: you don't wish rape upon anyone (even flippantly) and you don't go after spouses, family members, etc.
I don't know.  Jacob was pretty obviously trying to get a rise out of Slargos.  As for stepping over a line, the fact that Jacob was trolling makes it sort of a wash.  Had it been an unprovoked attack, I might feel that social norms had been violated.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on June 30, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Had it been an unprovoked attack, I might feel that social norms had been violated.
:lmfao:

Is this Keystone Cop thing going to be your new schtick?  I like it a lot better than your Bertie Wooster schtick with the "Dreadnoughts are good, democracy is bad" routines. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

I see no schtick.

Besides, dreadnoughts are good.  Very good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on June 30, 2011, 11:42:52 AM
I see no schtick.

Besides, dreadnoughts are good.  Very good.

But dreadnoughts without democracy = loud violent Krauts with spiked helments and Rollie Fingers mustaches.

You really need both.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on June 30, 2011, 09:23:27 AM
Slargos, do you think it's an accurate analysis that Swedish people don't have sex because the men are afraid of the women?

My impression of Denmark is that the young people still fuck like rabbits, and I sort of assumed the same is true in Sweden. I mean, I've run in to Swedish guys in clubs in Copenhagen, and they were pretty aggressive in trying to pick up chicks.

Sorry, I'm not going to keep responding to your posts since all you do is attempt to provoke me and I would rather not play that game.