News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

And Rax comes out of the crowd and hits Marti with the folding chair!!!  This is madness!  What a slobberknocker!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

The only person I give a pass for with bigotry is Siege.  His country is constantly under assault, and it's likely he has family members who live under the constant threat of rocket attack or suicide bomber.  In his job, Muslims try to kill him regularly.  He's lost good friends to their attacks.  I'd like to think if I were in the same situation I could rise above hatred.  I'm not sure if I could.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 05:06:19 PM
And Rax comes out of the crowd and hits Marti with the folding chair!!!  This is madness!  What a slobberknocker!

Rick Martel deserved it.

/Obscure?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 04:21:03 PMAs is, I think it would be an object lesson for him.

It's definitely an object lesson, but I don't think it's the lesson you're hoping it to be :lol:

Habbaku

Seriously, that was a surprisingly cogent and error-free post by Raz.  I am surprised and amused.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on June 29, 2011, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 04:21:03 PMAs is, I think it would be an object lesson for him.

It's definitely an object lesson, but I don't think it's the lesson you're hoping it to be :lol:

I'd enjoy the thought of your suffering regardless of what you'd learn from it.  :hug:

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 05:24:24 PMI'd enjoy the thought of your suffering regardless of what you'd learn from it.  :hug:

Whereas I hope that one day you will heal enough that you can take pleasure from things other than your hatred and other people's suffering  :hug:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jacob on June 29, 2011, 05:52:45 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 05:24:24 PMI'd enjoy the thought of your suffering regardless of what you'd learn from it.  :hug:

Whereas I hope that one day you will heal enough that you can take pleasure from things other than your hatred and other people's suffering  :hug:

Patchouli brigade! 

(Just trying to revive that memorable CDM coinage of years past...)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Is it really unreasonable for Slargos to by angry about the policies that have caused these crimes to occur?  Sure, the stuff with Jacob is a bit extreme, but even then, Jacob is getting the reaction he wants.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 29, 2011, 02:42:46 PM
I think you are like me. We are both (somewhat highly) intelligent yet we are both emotional. I'm gay, you are probably insane for some other reason.

Oh fuck off, bitch.  You might try ever so hard to like and express all of the gay "cultural" signifiers, but you're really one of the least gay people that I know.  After all, the term gay gets a little mangled outside of Western countries. So shut the fuck up about your emotional/childish behavior stemming from your sexuality. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

to be fair, whatever else he lacks from the gay subculture, Marti's got the catty part down pretty good :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Siege

Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 12:25:46 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 12:24:45 PM
You're not a very good person, Jake.

And yet you're the one wishing Jacob's wife was raped. :hmm:

Given how lightly he treats the subject, I think it would perhaps give him some perspective.

You realize its not funny, right?
If I were Jacob, I would do a ninja roll and jump through the computer screen and chop your head off with Jacob's chinese eating sticks.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 05:18:20 PM

Seriously, that was a surprisingly cogent and error-free post by Raz.  I am surprised and amused.

Marty brings out the worst in me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 07:54:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 05:18:20 PM

Marty brings out the worst in me.
so at your best you're error pron and not cogent?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Despite his display here, more often then not Marti's ok. You just have to ignore his outbursts. Kind of like slargos, really :lol: