News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:50:34 PM
to be fair, whatever else he lacks from the gay subculture, Marti's got the catty part down pretty good :P

He's terrible at it. His barbs are always weak and ineffectual. To be catty, one actually has to have cutting remarks.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2011, 07:56:49 PM
to be fair, whatever else he lacks from the gay subculture, Marti's got the catty part down pretty good :P

He's terrible at it. His barbs are always weak and ineffectual. To be catty, one actually has to have cutting remarks.
my mistake, i thought catty was just synonymous with bitchy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:59:00 PM

Oh it is. But I think that's the same. Bitchy people who can't actually making cutting remarks are deplorable.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:55:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2011, 07:54:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 05:18:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 05:06:19 PM
And Rax comes out of the crowd and hits Marti with the folding chair!!!  This is madness!  What a slobberknocker!

Seriously, that was a surprisingly cogent and error-free post by Raz.  I am surprised and amused.

Marty brings out the worst in me.
so at your best you're error pron and not cogent?

You know it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2011, 08:01:42 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:59:00 PM

Oh it is. But I think that's the same. Bitchy people who can't actually making cutting remarks are deplorable.
i get it. Although i always assumed "cutting wit" was for bitchy people who made cutting and clever remarks, while bitchy was just for people who insulted and lashed out, but with no real flare or ability.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:56:06 PM
Despite his display here, more often then not Marti's ok. You just have to ignore his outbursts.

Agreed.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 08:06:42 PM
i get it. Although i always assumed "cutting wit" was for bitchy people who made cutting and clever remarks, while bitchy was just for people who insulted and lashed out, but with no real flare or ability.

Maybe. But if you do something without flair or ability, what's the point? :(

Admiral Yi

Cattiness is being rude while maintaining a studied indifference.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2011, 08:09:20 PM

Cattiness is being rude while maintaining a studied indifference.

MW
Quote2catty
adj
: resembling a cat; especially : slyly spiteful : malicious <made several catty comments>

Nothing subtle about what Mart does. Besides to your definition, does Mart really have a studied indifference? I think he just doesn't care. :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2011, 08:15:16 PM
Nothing subtle about what Mart does. Besides to your definition, does Mart really have a studied indifference? I think he just doesn't care. :P

I agree that cattiness doesn't describe Marty at all.  Too much of a rageaholic.  You're the one that's catty.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2011, 08:17:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2011, 08:15:16 PM

I agree that cattiness doesn't describe Marty at all.  Too much of a rageaholic.  You're the one that's catty.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on June 29, 2011, 07:56:06 PM
Despite his display here, more often then not Marti's ok. You just have to ignore his outbursts. Kind of like slargos, really :lol:
I only know him from here, so have to judge him based on what he does here.  And I'd much rather see him leave for good than Slargos.  Slargos is just exercising his schtick and enjoying the responses to his trolls.  He says shitty stuff, but no one believes that he means it.  Mart is just non-humorously abrasive, and intends to be that way when he forgets to pretend to be intelligent and "liberal."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

I'd hate to see Martinus go. I assume he is actually an intelligent guy that sometimes says stupid things because he doesn't google his statements for verification before posting. I wish Slargos would cut out the racist crap, but if he did that I'd hate to see him go too.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014