News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:35:49 PM
1. If the original post is the real story he's more of a fugitive from justice.

2. Who cares? It's trouble he got himself into.

1: From fucked up crooked justice. Eritrea is a messed up place, the army there is not like doing your national service in European countries, they keep people in the army for absolutely years and basically treat them like slaves.

2: International law. Decency. Its basically saying "OK, under Swedish law we sentance you to 3 years in prison....and due to your circumstances another year in prison on top of that resulting in your being tortured to death"
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:33:53 PM
Nah, we are not into settling for less. :console:
:huh:

That's not fair. i know some very nice poles. Then again they left poland, so there is that.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:36:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2011, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:22:55 PM

Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

Go raise another man's kids, cretin. You are too dumb to participate.

There are no rights because even rights are contingent.

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

If a right to asylum trumps right to security of person who's rights win out? If everybody has a right to "liberty" then aren't prisons breaches of human rights in and of themselves? Doesn't that suggest that they are contingent simply on the grounds that everybody that signed the declaration, including those who wrote it continue using imprisonment as punishment?

His claim was that right to seek asylum is not a human right.

Rechecked, you are right. I thought he was making the case that human rights are not absolute and can be abrogated.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:40:24 PM
Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:33:53 PM
Nah, we are not into settling for less. :console:
:huh:

That's not fair. i know some very nice poles. Then again they left poland, so there is that.

I was making a personal attack.

You know, a hot young boyfriend > Roseanne with kids.

The Brain

Are we 100% sure that it wasn't gay rape btw?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:40:24 PM
Even if they stay there that's ok with me. But unless they're some sort of rabid nationalist they must know they're settling for less.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:42:50 PM
Are we 100% sure that it wasn't gay rape btw?

OMG Slargos! We have been so insensitive. :(

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:42:36 PM

I was making a personal attack.

You know, a hot young boyfriend > Roseanne with kids.
oh, ok. you should be more clear with your personal attacks :P

Although to be fair i don't know how much Max wants a hot young boyfriend.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Maximus

The Brain

Dude had his day in court and lost his liberty (for 3 years) and right to stay in Sweden afterwards. I don't see how his human rights had been ignored if he had been deported. Neither liberty nor asylum are absolute human rights AFAIK.

On the personal level since the guy himself didn't think that staying in Sweden was important (or he wouldn't have raped) it's amusing that other people feel for him.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:50:09 PM
Dude had his day in court and lost his liberty (for 3 years) and right to stay in Sweden afterwards. I don't see how his human rights had been ignored if he had been deported. Neither liberty nor asylum are absolute human rights AFAIK.

On the personal level since the guy himself didn't think that staying in Sweden was important (or he wouldn't have raped) it's amusing that other people feel for him.

Do we know it was a rape rape?

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:51:07 PM

3 years usually means nasty, sadistic rape.

Edit: Maybe some weaseling: at least it's not cuddly-wuddly Assange rape but real rape.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:51:07 PM

3 years usually means nasty, sadistic rape.

Oh, you wacky Swedes!  :lol:

The Brain

Swedish sentences are ridiculously low. They are the result of decades of "criminals are victims" mentality.

HVC

Ya, you guys really neeed to reform that stuff.