News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

LOL another Mart meltdown. Bye thread coming up?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:26:28 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:17:25 PM
As I said you don't lose your human rights that way. But thanks for playing. Sorry you lose. Reality wins.
As I said. There's no such human right. Really good try though.

Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

right to seek, not a right to receive, right?
Idiot.
i love it when you talk dirty to me. show me your feet... slowly. That's the stuff :wub:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:27:52 PM

I didn't meltdown. I just don't see a point in discussing it with people who are trolling (or at too dumb to realise they are).

HVC

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:27:52 PM
the first one was fun. after that it's like waking up christmas day knowing your present is an empty box
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Viking

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:58 PM
So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

Why would he be penalized further?
see, this is where our views diverge. i don't see it as penalization, i see it as no longer meeting the criteia of a landed immigrant. Some where on his questionaire for a Visa was a variant of "Please select one: are you a rapist [Y] [N]". Since he is now a rapist he doesn't qualify for the Visa. He has lost his privledge and should be kicked out.

Only americans do shit like that.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

see, this is where our views diverge. i don't see it as penalization, i see it as no longer meeting the criteia of a landed immigrant. Some where on his questionaire for a Visa was a variant of "Please select one: are you a rapist [Y] [N]". Since he is now a rapist he doesn't qualify for the Visa. He has lost his privledge and should be kicked out.
I'd agree 100% were he just an immigrant.
As said though he's an assylum seeker, he is in genuine trouble if he gets sent back.

I really don't know what the answer is here.Its iffy both ways.
██████
██████
██████

Maximus

HVC

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2011, 04:30:33 PM

and god bless them for it.

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:32:25 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
It's not too late for you to learn.

Nah, we are not into settling for less. :console:

Viking

Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

Go raise another man's kids, cretin. You are too dumb to participate.

There are no rights because even rights are contingent.

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

If a right to asylum trumps right to security of person who's rights win out? If everybody has a right to "liberty" then aren't prisons breaches of human rights in and of themselves? Doesn't that suggest that they are contingent simply on the grounds that everybody that signed the declaration, including those who wrote it continue using imprisonment as punishment?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:31:44 PM

I'd agree 100% were he just an immigrant.
As said though he's an assylum seeker, he is in genuine trouble if he gets sent back.

1. If the original post is the real story he's more of a fugitive from justice.

2. Who cares? It's trouble he got himself into.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2011, 04:35:04 PM

Go raise another man's kids, cretin. You are too dumb to participate.

There are no rights because even rights are contingent.

Article 3.

Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

If a right to asylum trumps right to security of person who's rights win out? If everybody has a right to "liberty" then aren't prisons breaches of human rights in and of themselves? Doesn't that suggest that they are contingent simply on the grounds that everybody that signed the declaration, including those who wrote it continue using imprisonment as punishment?

His claim was that right to seek asylum is not a human right.

The Brain

I somehow get the feeling that Mart is talking about what he thinks human rights are and not about what they in fact are. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Asylum is subjective, so these issues are difficult. Is he fleeing persecution or prosecution? Depends on who you ask, of course.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Maximus