Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on June 28, 2011, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:15:41 PM
Quote from: Zanza on June 28, 2011, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:03:19 PMbut legally once you've done the time for a crime you're then innocent.
Why would you be innocent? You are still guilty and will have a criminal record.

There is a concept of striking off your criminal record. It also exists in Germany.
Yes, but that's not immediately. You'll have to wait 10 or more years depending on the severity of the crime.

Actually, I'm fairly sure it is much less than that, and 10 years is probably the top end not the low end. Unless your system is vastly different from the Polish one which I doubt.

Maximus

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:17:25 PM
As I said you don't lose your human rights that way. But thanks for playing. Sorry you lose. Reality wins.
As I said. There's no such human right. Really good try though.

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:21:32 PM
As I said you don't lose your human rights that way. But thanks for playing. Sorry you lose. Reality wins.

Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

Go raise another man's kids, cretin. You are too dumb to participate.

Zanza

While I think that foreign criminals can and should be deported depending on the case, this situation has another dimension than just his crime, namely what happens to him in his home country. If this guy was from say Finland, it wouldn't be a question. But he isn't, so he might face serious human right violations in his home country. It's certainly worth considering whether extending the welcome despite his crime is a better position to take than exposing him to the risk of punishment for conscientious objection in his native country.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:58 PM
So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

Why would he be penalized further?
see, this is where our views diverge. i don't see it as penalization, i see it as no longer meeting the criteia of a landed immigrant. Some where on his questionaire for a Visa was a variant of "Please select one: are you a rapist [Y] [N]". Since he is now a rapist he doesn't qualify for the Visa. He has lost his privledge and should be kicked out.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:58 PM
So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

Why would he be penalized further?
see, this is where our views diverge. i don't see it as penalization, i see it as no longer meeting the criteia of a landed immigrant. Some where on his questionaire for a Visa was a variant of "Please select one: are you a rapist [Y] [N]". Since he is now a rapist he doesn't qualify for the Visa. He has lost his privledge and should be kicked out.

This would be true if he wasn't an asylum seeker.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:22:55 PM

Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: "Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution."

right to seek, not a right to receive, right?

QuoteGo raise another man's kids, cretin. You are too dumb to participate.
uncalled for and low even for you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Does it specifically mention Sweden there?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

If he thinks that Sweden is abusing his human rights he is free to seek asylum in a different country. In fact I encourage it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Glad to see Marti has mellowed with old age.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:25:30 PM

right to seek, not a right to receive, right?
Idiot.

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2011, 04:25:37 PM

Does it specifically mention Sweden there?
Idiot.

Maximus

Inapplicable. He wasn't being persecuted.

Even if he had been, though, he sought and enjoyed his asylum. Then he decided to destroy it.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2011, 04:26:00 PM
If he thinks that Sweden is abusing his human rights he is free to seek asylum in a different country. In fact I encourage it.
Idiot.

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on June 28, 2011, 04:26:16 PM
Glad to see Marti has mellowed with old age.
Sorry, can't stand idiots.