News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Regardless, what really gives me gray hairs in all this isn't really the rapist nigger, nor is it that these people who lobbied to let him stay are more or less responsible for the second rape or at least morally culpable. It's the fact that we, as a nation, still let our media get away with slanting the story to the point that up is actually down.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:03:19 PMbut legally once you've done the time for a crime you're then innocent.
Why would you be innocent? You are still guilty and will have a criminal record.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:13:33 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:11:44 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:10:54 PM
or as a comprimise i' say it's ok if a criminal doesn't want to go back that he gets to stay in jail :D

Wasn't that what happened? I thought he served his time.
No, i mean you stay in jail. After three* years you get to decide stay in jail, or go back to your home nation.

That's idiotic.

Josquius

or as a comprimise i' say it's ok if a criminal doesn't want to go back that he gets to stay in jail :D

No, i mean you stay in jail. After three* years you get to decide stay in jail, or go back to your home nation.

*which still throws me. But slarg hate the darkies so maybe this was a date rape (still bad) and not a "savage" rape
Its Sweden, he probally called her a slag and touched her boob.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on June 28, 2011, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 04:03:19 PMbut legally once you've done the time for a crime you're then innocent.
Why would you be innocent? You are still guilty and will have a criminal record.

There is a concept of striking off your criminal record. It also exists in Germany.

Slargos

*which still throws me. But slarg hate the darkies so maybe this was a date rape (still bad) and not a "savage" rape

I don't know the details, but trust me when I say that you simply don't get that much prison time over something simple like Assange-rape [unless of course you're the kind of person they will take any excuse to imprison, like, you know, Assange  :P ]

And 3 years for rape is a lot.[/u]

Maximus

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:09:43 PM
Yes, but the rights not to be deported to a country where you face inhuman treatment (i.e. refugee rights) are human rights
He had his chance. He blew it. He should have no such right.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:09:43 PMYes, but the rights not to be deported to a country where you face inhuman treatment (i.e. refugee rights) are human rights, not citizen rights. I don't see why they should be conditional upon you not committing a crime (any more than a right not to be tortured is, for example).
Fair enough. I agree that conscientious objection to military service is indeed a human right.

Martinus

So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

Why would he be penalized further?

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:14:56 PM

That's idiotic.
love you too :P

I said it was a compromise :D . My prefered solution would be to deport. I'm a first generation canadian and i have family here on Visa's, but if they raped/killed/"serious offence" i'd want them the hell out. being a guest in a country (which is what you are) means (or should mean) that you can wear out your welcome.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:05 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:09:43 PM
Yes, but the rights not to be deported to a country where you face inhuman treatment (i.e. refugee rights) are human rights
He had his chance. He blew it. He should have no such right.
As I said you don't lose your human rights that way. But thanks for playing. Sorry you lose. Reality wins.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:58 PM
So, by getting 3 years, he got a rather harsh penalty by Swedish standards, right?

:lol:

I see. You're just fucking with me.

Fair enough.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:15:41 PM
Quote from: Zanza on June 28, 2011, 04:14:50 PM

There is a concept of striking off your criminal record. It also exists in Germany.
Yes, but that's not immediately. You'll have to wait 10 or more years depending on the severity of the crime.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 04:16:58 PM

:lol:

I see. You're just fucking with me.

Fair enough.

Not per se. I'm just arguing from a principle: asylum seekers do not lose their human rights because they were convicted of a crime - the penalty served by the standard application of criminal law should be enough. Not my fault your criminal justice system is a joke though. If your reality is fucked up, you get fucked up results by applying sound principles. But that does not mean the principle itself is faulty.