OOTP9: Vienna Cannibals in Major Languish Baseball(tm)

Started by Syt, April 19, 2009, 07:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

12 hits & only 4 runs? WTF, schedule my team some cardio training.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Game 20. Things don't look good for the Cannibals who have the cheapest roster in the league. New acquisition John Simon stile 5 bases in his second game for Vienna.

QuoteMonday, April 21st, 2008: 5-6 Game for Anderson
It was a good day for the Hackers at Ballpark of Budapest as they clipped the Rhode Island Timmays 13-4. It was tremendous day for John Anderson, who went on quite a hitting spree with a 5 for 6 barrage.

The Budapest second baseman told reporters after his big 5-hit performance, "I don't have any buzz words. I'm not 'dialed in' or 'in a zone,' as they say. As far as the hitting goes, I try to keep it simple. I try not to look into it too much. Basically the pitcher throws the ball, I try to pick up the spin, then try to hit it. Today I picked up the spin very well."

J. Anderson singled in the 1st, singled in the 2nd, grounded out in the 3rd, hit a solo-shot off A. Närhi in the 6th, singled in the 8th and singled in the 9th.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I consider moving to simming the next matches, though. Going play by play like now I'll not be through with the season before May or June. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Finished the series against the Hive on a loss. Went 1-2 against Madrid and was hopeful for the match against the Beaners who were 7-17 vs. my 10-14. The reality, however ....
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Yeah, yeah, rub it in.

<_<

Series ended 1-2 for the Beaners.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

The April player awards:

And month end standings:

Interesting stats: according to the finance info, every loss/win costs me between 125k and 150k (based on player earnings).

For the Baltimore Irish it's 850k for a win and 2.2m for a loss. For Kentucky it's 650k vs. 2.5m

Individual stats:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

Some of my best batters suck at defense. In addition, two of them are only capable in one position each, so I have others who'd be better suited for those positions elsewhere (e.g. SS instead of 3B).  <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Case in point: Chris Yates. My best batter. Popular with the fans. Bad points: runs like a snail. Can only play 1st base, and is only mediocre at that; while I have 3 top men who could take the position but instead play in positions where they, in turn, are mediocre.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Syt

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2009, 04:51:11 AM
Should have added the DH to your leagues :P

I consider doing that for the next season :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

May results and awards. Yates is doing that just to spite me. We had a few wins in the past few series, though.

The draft pool is up, but there's not really all that much talent there. six or seven players with 4+ or 5 stars potential. A couple 3 stars, and a few 2 stars, but 95% 1 stars.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Syt

Judging by money and public attention Vienna is clearly the novelty team of the league. :Embarrass:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

June stats and standings:

The All Star match between the North Americans and Rest of World ended 2-1 for the New World. Yates scored three hits at 4 ABs in that game. The Jap I got through a trade is out with injury for 8 weeks.
—Stephen Jay Gould