OOTP9: Vienna Cannibals in Major Languish Baseball(tm)

Started by Syt, April 19, 2009, 07:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Day 8:

Suharto scored 7 strike outs in 7 innings. ^_^ Kentucky continues the winning streak. The Blades score their first victory against the Oslo Misanthropes.

The standings in the divisions:

The league batting stats:

Pitching:

Fielding:

And the Vienna team leaders:

My currently best batter, Salvenmoser (and an example what a full stats report for a player looks like:

Unfortunately Imageshack doesn't like big screenies and scales them badly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

I'm sure you'll have a game against the mighty Yukon Barristers one of these days, but you'll have to tell me what kind of attendance they're getting - and whether that attendance is greater than the entire population of Yukon.   :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Well, a LOT can still happen in the next, uhm, 148 games. :p
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Very nice.

I downloaded the "demo" after we discussed it in the MLB thread and have been poking around with that the last few days.  I think I am going to pre-order this year's version this week.

I will be following and rooting for my hometown Baldies. :)

Pedrito

The Venice Padres are in for a blazing season start!  :lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Quote from: sbr on April 20, 2009, 02:22:27 AM
Very nice.

I downloaded the "demo" after we discussed it in the MLB thread and have been poking around with that the last few days.  I think I am going to pre-order this year's version this week.

I will be following and rooting for my hometown Baldies. :)

Glad you're enjoying it. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

I've been playing the 09 season using a fan-created roster set.   No Arod injury, but both Jeter and Burnett are out (early May).  Toronto is in first in the east.  The Mets have the best record in baseball and Beltran is leading all triple crown categories.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2009, 01:31:54 PM
That is the greatest Baseball League ever  :lol:

Wanted to use the "Texas Revolutionaries", but decided in favor of the "Arkansas Drunkards".  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

And we lost against the Barristers. Something tells me that there's something wrong when I have 11 hits, two HR and translate it only into 3 runs. The Legionaires remain unstoppable. They are indeed the "Evil (Roman) Empire".

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The average attendance at Whitehouse Court is 33,900 btw. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould