News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I don't hate the game. I hate the dumbass players.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

I fail the arctic trials of Chief Nanook of the North.  :mad:

katmai

No not you, the udder guys

HVC

The players are the game, therefore you hate the game :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Arty is the most frustrating aspect of the game.

Nobody protects you, and you get blamed for the loss because you can't instapop Tier IX tanks with a Tier V gun.  But when you're on the money, everybody's your fucking friend.

"NS ARTY!!!"
"Go fuck yourself."

Tamas

:lol:

There is nothing you hate and fear more than arty in a JpzE100.

Arvoreen

And for my T95, arty is really about the only thing you fear :D

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2013, 08:38:31 AM

Tamas

Quote from: Arvoreen on March 13, 2013, 09:45:27 AM
And for my T95, arty is really about the only thing you fear :D

Quote from: Tamas on March 12, 2013, 08:38:31 AM

that is not exactly true for the JpzE100, as it has the traditional wet paper toughness of its lower front plate, which is of course by now public knowledge. You should see how the front of my tank looks like if I cannot hide it.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on March 13, 2013, 10:13:59 AM
that is not exactly true for the JpzE100, as it has the traditional wet paper toughness of its lower front plate, which is of course by now public knowledge. You should see how the front of my tank looks like if I cannot hide it.

I got as far in that line as the Ferd and really have no desire to go any farther, as I pretty much anticiapate the Jagdtiger & the JpzE100 to be more of the same, just with bigger guns (with more expensive ammo) & higher repair bills.  I'm pretty much sticking with the Jagdpanther II unless they come out with a JpzE50 and/or JpzE50M -- I'd sooooo rather be able to Move & maybe get jacked out a little quicker, maybe not, then be a quasi-mobile gun emplacement...

:ccr

Berkut

CCR, if you want to play a high tier TDF with mobility, I would suggest taking up the Soviet line.

The SU-101 is exactly that.

I've decided that my WoT goals are:

1) Work every single TD line, except the US turreted ones.
2) Research and elite everything in the German tech tree.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 01:44:06 PM

Really?  I can't do shit with the T-25 AT;  even with the big gun, it folds like a paper cup and 2, maybe 3 shots and you're dead.  I have much more success with the T-25/2, even though it doesn't have the AT's ubergun.

katmai

Yeah why no Turret love you, you fascist!

C.C.R.

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 01:44:06 PM
CCR, if you want to play a high tier TDF with mobility, I would suggest taking up the Soviet line.

The SU-101 is exactly that.

I've decided that my WoT goals are:

2) Research and elite everything in the German tech tree.

I got as far as researching the SU-100, then gave up the Sov lines for reasons that I can no longer remember.  Which is kind of A Pisser, because I had a *LOT* of fun with those.  That crew got transfered to my T-150 now, though, and I'd hate to rip 'em out (especially since I'm about to move on to a Tier VII Sov heavy), so I'd have to start fresh with a new crew.  But, fuck it, I'm probably going to have a Garage Slot open up soon, so if I generate the Creds or if a Special comes up I might Go For It.

In other news, something else I wanted to ask your opinion on:  I've got some Decisions coming up in terms of some purchases, and I was hoping you could please give me some advice on how these tanks play and/or how they fit into Tank Company/Clan War play:

KV-3:  have it researched & could probably buy it NOW (or soon, within the next day or so).  I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I'm just not Feeling It with this one.  But, would appreciate input if I'm wrong...

IS:  have it researched & could probably buy it NOW (or soon, within the next day or so).  Probably my Front Runner, not so much for the IS itself but rather for the IS-3 & beyond.  They seem fun to play when I'm shooting at them, at least, so kind of leaning in that direction...

T-32:  I'm about 3k more xp from eliting my T29, and am not so much interested in the T32 as much as Beyond.  Fincances are such that I would probably have to sell my T29 in order to pull this off, though, which would be a tough give up...

VK4502A:  kind of a real Dark Horse for me.  I really don't have any interest in either this (that "medium" 105 was a turd on the Tiger II) or the Maus, but am kind of curious about how the VK4502P is.  I've only seen a couple of them out there, so I don't really have much of a Frame Of Reference for how this thing performs.  Only real Pisser here is that I have a *LOT* of fun playing the Tiger (P) (more so than the T29 even), and would have to give it up to go down this line & would hate to do it and end up regreting it...

Or something.  Any advice here would be appreciated, preferably *BEFORE* I get drunk tonight & buy an IS, just to be told how big of a Dumbass I was to do it... :P

katmai

As I recently got my IS-3 and KV-4 I can say the KV-3 was easier to grinding than IS as at entry the IS gun was shit and top gun is nice but loooong Reload.

Berkut

Man, the KV-3/IS/IS-3 was so long ago I don't really have a good frame of reference, except to remember that the IS-3 with the BL-9 is just freaking awesome.

The T-32 is an excellent tank - it does what is does very, very well. You find somewhere it can be hull down, and then laugh at people shooting at you. I don't even fire at the front turret on that thing in my Object 704. And the tank itself is nice and small for a heavy. Great tank all the way around.

The VK4502A is actually my next purchase on the German tech tree, but I sold the Tiger P a long time ago, so I have to pay full price, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still finishing out some stuff I missed in the early tree, so no big hurry.

But I do remember really liking the T10 128mm gun on the E-75, so I imagine it will be pretty great on the 4502P as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned