And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

And a Tanks Day promo coming up in about 12 hours:

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1478-happy-tanks-day/

24 hours of Premium & some Free Shit that'll sell for about 250k creds, if that's your Thing...

:ccr

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2012, 02:49:22 AM
Also, fuck Wargaming. Somebody on the forum pointed out, how the difference between real-life dimensions of the Jagdtiger and the new Russian tier X TD is just 50 centimeters in height (the russian being smaller by that much). for that "drastic" difference  (other dimensions are kind of the same), the Russian TD gets TWENTY TIMES more camo value than the JT.
Well, it's hardly linear in real life, is it?  A tank that's 1 meter high is probably more than three times as stealthy as the tank that's 3 meters high.

frunk

It may not be linear, but if you look at all of the tanks the camo values seem to have only a loose relationship to their actual size. 

Some of the weirdest are the tanks that for some reason don't lose much camo when they fire or move.  I can kind of get that for TDs versus other tanks, but it isn't remotely consistent.

Tamas

Yes. And when my 3-skilled, 100%, camo-netted, binoculared, prone-sitting JT gets spotted by a T30 which it cannot see in return, you know something is fucked up.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2012, 08:49:00 AM
Yes. And when my 3-skilled, 100%, camo-netted, binoculared, prone-sitting JT gets spotted by a T30 which it cannot see in return, you know something is fucked up.

Maybe you're just twitchy?  I find it best to not drink a lot of coffee before I play a TD I'm going to snipe with...

Tamas

:D

use the X button so you don't turn accidently :P

DGuller

Take off the baskets with beet harvest before going into battle.

Tamas

Syt

Preview of the Version 8 updated graphics renderer. Looking pretty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWlAwC4P0rY&feature=player_embedded
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Arvoreen

Looking sweet!  Can't wait to drive around with my settings turned up :)

C.C.R.

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2012, 09:31:27 AM
Take off the baskets with beet harvest before going into battle.

:lol:

C.C.R.

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2012, 12:06:29 PM
Preview of the Version 8 updated graphics renderer. Looking pretty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWlAwC4P0rY&feature=player_embedded

Oooh, that DOES look pretty.  I so love a nice backdrop to virtually killing people & breaking shit.  Looking forward to leaves fluttering down from the tops of walls that I shoot with HE to expose my targets...

C.C.R.

Wow.  Not generally a whiner, but this one annoyed me:

Mountain Pass, Tier IX battle, in my Ferd with mid-level engine & 88 gun (cheaper ammo, faster reload & better pen than 10.5, don't have 12.8 researched yet).  Started north side, was only one to go to bridge.  Was holding off a SuperPershing, a VK3601H & another Ferd single-handedly.  Maybe I would have won out, maybe not, but I would have been occupying three enemy tanks for Awhile -- had not my dumbass teammates let two M18's in right up the middle & behind me.  Fuckers took what would have been, at worst, A Valiant Holdout & turned it into a steamy pile of net-credit loss crap.  Fuckers...

:(

katmai

Wouldn't have happened if you ever platooned with me still :whistle:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on August 09, 2012, 06:20:56 PM
Wouldn't have happened if you ever platooned with me still :whistle:

Lick me...

:P

Bears preseason game is on in about a half hour, then after that gonna redeem my code special & play the living fuck out of this for awhile if you're up to some Platooning later on tonight...