Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Berkut

Nice arty battle here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120619_1339_usa-M40M43_hills.wotreplay

Nothing terribly exceptional really, no awards or anything, but I liked a couple things about it:

1. My ass was saved by Sixth Sense. I think I would have been dead before a single kill without it, and
2. I killed a Batchat DF, because I am awesome and the bat driver sucks.

And all the commentary from the other team is pretty amusing.

I've actually researched the T92, but don't have the credits to buy it, so have been playing my M40/43 to get the crew to their next training level. Everyone on the crew but the last loader now has 3 skills, and the second loader has 2 with the 2nd at 99%.

I run my 40/43 with rammer, GLD< and camo net.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

QuoteTankers!  It's happening!

The server will be coming down for maintenance while we apply the 7.4 update.  The game will be unavailable for six hours on June 20, 2012 from 01:00 PDT (08:00 UTC)  until 07:00 PDT (14:00 UTC).

Clan Wars will be unavailable for twenty-four hours starting on June 20, 2012 from 00:15 PDT (7:15 UTC) until June 21, 2012  at 00:15 PDT (7:15 UTC).
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Sigh the general stupidity rampant in public matches seems to be exacerbated by the new battle modes with 7.4.

"what do you mean we don't have a flag to defend?"
"why are we spawned in this place?"

Read the fucking patch notes people.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

How did it make it past the beta?  In some battles there is now only one base.  :huh:

Arvoreen

It is supposed to be that way... a new battle mode.  One team is 'defense' other is 'offense'.  Defense defends the flag....

DGuller

I think I've had the best battle of my 6,000 battle career yet.  Started in the bottom 5 in my AMX 13 90, and got a Top Gun in the end.  :w00t:  The only damage that I suffered I inflicted on myself, by strategically ramming a light tank that was trying to run past me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gvqxpzpe692f5tx/TG%20-%2020120702_1939_france-AMX_13_90_siegfried_line.wotreplay

C.C.R.

I've been off of this for awhile -- I got bored with this & Skyrim and have been on a Fallout: New Vegas kick.  But I've got the day off, the kids are at Grandma & Grandpa's for a few days, I've got a fridge full of beer & nothing better to do until I start making dinner, so I'm finally DLing 7.4...

:ccr

frunk

I think my French Arty are snakebit.  27 games and only 9 wins.  During that time I've killed 37 tanks and inflicted more damage per game than any of my other Arty of equivalent tier.

C.C.R.

I'm not keeping track of stats, but I'm on a similar run with my Grille right now.  But, fuck it -- with the Operation Cobra special going on right now I'm making double creds with it, so I'm just farming the hell out of it while I can.  Put away some creds for a Jagdpanther II when 7.5 comes out...

:ccr

C.C.R.

Farming the Grille is going well -- I'm up 600k creds today so far, which is Nice.  Just wish that I'd stop getting 4-kill games & losing...

Tamas

tell me about the T32

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on July 30, 2012, 06:23:56 AM
tell me about the T32
Meh tank, but gets solid results.

C.C.R.

Sitting on a little over 3 million creds right now & have Panther II, Tiger II & Ferd all unlocked.  Looking at the info about the upcoming Jagdpanther II, it looks like I'd rather have that over the Ferd (increased mobility fits more into my play style versus armor, plus Word Around The Campfire is that JPII's top engine is the same as Tiger, so already unlocked & less grinding with inferior equipment), but I'm probably going to have to grind out another 76k+ xp to unlock it.  The German meds haven't really been interesting me, so not sure if I want to go Panther II, and as much as I want the Tiger II I'm still having a lot of fun with my Tiger & not sure if I want to upgrade yet.

Or something.  I dunno.  I don't know if I'm even asking anything, just thinking out loud...

Berkut

The T32 is actually an excellent tank.

It has a decent gun, but more importantly, the frontal turret armor is ridiculous for a T8 heavy. Combined with excellent gun depression, and decent mobility, it is one of the best hull down tanks in the game.

I don't even bother trying to shoot at its front turret.

It is a great vehicle for its tier.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned