World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Bought a Ferd this morning.  Fucking PAINFUL stock... :(

C.C.R.

Quote from: C.C.R. on August 01, 2012, 08:17:53 AM

OK, much more betterer with upgraded suspension -- I can at least turn now... :)

Tamas

Quote from: C.C.R. on August 01, 2012, 05:38:58 PM

OK, much more betterer with upgraded suspension -- I can at least turn now... :)

A big realization regarding the Ferd for me was that it works as a sort of assault support gun vehicle, ie. it is capable of going forward together with some heavies or mediums, under the right circumstances. But that is a playstyle you must completely forget by the time you buy the Jagdtiger, because that is a sniper.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on August 02, 2012, 01:53:38 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on August 01, 2012, 05:38:58 PM

A big realization regarding the Ferd for me was that it works as a sort of assault support gun vehicle, ie. it is capable of going forward together with some heavies or mediums, under the right circumstances. But that is a playstyle you must completely forget by the time you buy the Jagdtiger, because that is a sniper.

I'm a loooooong way off from my Ferd being "a sort of assault support gun vehicle" -- I'm so slow right now that I'm risking putting a rend in the Space-Time Continuum & ending our universe as we know it... :)

Berkut

Awesome fight:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120804_2158_germany-E50_Ausf_M_04_himmelsdorf.wotreplay

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:58:36 PM
Vehicle: E-50 Ausf.M
Experience received: 3,828 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 91,116
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Defender, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Came down to the last shot.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Quote from: Berkut on August 04, 2012, 09:09:37 PM
Awesome fight:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16125366/20120804_2158_germany-E50_Ausf_M_04_himmelsdorf.wotreplay

Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:58:36 PM
Vehicle: E-50 Ausf.M
Experience received: 3,828 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 91,116
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Defender, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Came down to the last shot.

Sweet game.  I'd have been livid about tracking that Lorraine three times in a row like that... :)

Syt

I've been playing a bit yesterday - finally got rid of my A-20 and moved to T-34. Still, I like tank hunters a lot better than medium tanks, so I may focus on those.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

After losing some routine with the Jagdtiger, I tend to agree with Berkut from our earlier debate.

God damn I can hate that machine sometimes. The ONLY way to use it is to snipe, but I am REGULARLY spotted earlier than I can spot the people advancing on me, so how the fuck am I supposed to snipe? And when there are 3+ arties against me, once I am spotted it's just a flee until death, since I cant stop long enough to  kill the one spotting me (assuming he is alone of course) unless he is a total douche.

katmai

I presume you have camo net and coated optics or whatever it is that gets you better view range?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on August 09, 2012, 01:54:19 AM
I presume you have camo net and coated optics or whatever it is that gets you better view range?

yes. camo net appears to be utterly useless, I will put my repair kit back on instead. The peeking thingie (I have the cheaper periscope kind of thing) is useful. But when my camo-netted ass is being decimated by what turns out to be a T30, which only becomes visible for me when it starts moving close, then I get PISSED OFF.

The JT CAN work at times, but it is too prone of needing a specific set of circumstances.

Syt

I've started a tactic of hiding with my TD between heavies and mediums if I'm on a map without decent sniping positions. Similar to how I stick to the bigger guns when I'm in a medium/light and at the bottom of the match's tier list.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2012, 02:25:18 AM
I've started a tactic of hiding with my TD between heavies and mediums if I'm on a map without decent sniping positions. Similar to how I stick to the bigger guns when I'm in a medium/light and at the bottom of the match's tier list.

yeah that can work, but with the JT you are often left alone, and close-range fighting even as a support gun is a big no-no as EVERYONE, and I do mean everyone knows that the lower half of your front is made out of grey-painted cardboard with the transmission (ie. fire-prone engine) right behind it.

I think yesterday's biggest problem was the invasion of artilleries. I had 3 minimum per match. And they LOVE the JT.

Tamas

Also, fuck Wargaming. Somebody on the forum pointed out, how the difference between real-life dimensions of the Jagdtiger and the new Russian tier X TD is just 50 centimeters in height (the russian being smaller by that much). for that "drastic" difference  (other dimensions are kind of the same), the Russian TD gets TWENTY TIMES more camo value than the JT.

frunk

Wargaming uses camo value as one of its fudge factors to make certain tanks better than others. 

C.C.R.

They hates teh Germanz... :(

And it's not just the Jagdtiger, but arty (or at least me in an arty) will shoot at anything that's not really moving that much or that fast...