News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Cool, I just killed a Jagdtiger with my Jagdpanther.  The shot square in the ass didn't penetrate, but somehow the shot in front penetrated & set him on fire.  I love this TD -- I set so many enemy tanks on fire that I've started wetting the bed...

:P

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

C.C.R.

Tamas

Last night, I SOLOED a STUG III with my MARDER.

Granted, for a bit he was shooting at other targets he deemed to be more dangerous (very wrong, as they never even hit him), but the fact remains fact: I soloed  a STUG III in a tiny little Marder

WORSHIP ME!

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2012, 02:38:22 AM
Last night, I SOLOED a STUG III with my MARDER.

Granted, for a bit he was shooting at other targets he deemed to be more dangerous (very wrong, as they never even hit him), but the fact remains fact: I soloed  a STUG III in a tiny little Marder

WORSHIP ME!
Meh, Marder can shoot a lot of people as long as those people aren't shooting back at it.  It was the original glass cannon, before French tanks arrived.

Tamas

yes but I kept dodging him when he was shooting :P

The Marder II is the strongest vehicle relative to it's tier. Period.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2012, 08:32:49 AM

Nah, the KV still has that distinction, IMO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on February 24, 2012, 09:21:19 AM

Not sure. I can get into matches where I have troubles with in KV (soloing). I just simply don't with Marder. The difference is marginal though, I agree.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on February 24, 2012, 09:23:56 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 24, 2012, 09:21:19 AM

Not sure. I can get into matches where I have troubles with in KV (soloing). I just simply don't with Marder. The difference is marginal though, I agree.

The difference with the KV is that if it is top tier, not only can it destroy most of the stuff on the battlefield with one shot, it is very hard to take out as well. Which means you can act very agressively.

The Marder when it is top tier can destroy everything, but is vulnerable itself, so still have to a be pretty careful. Against anyone who knows what they are doing, it is harder, IMO, to apply the Marders awesome T5 gun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Yes, but: if you are a KV at or near the top you are also:
-slow
-have the utmost attention of the whole crowd
-arties love you

sure, you are prety hard to knock down, but just as a guy who knows what he is doing can take out a Marder easily, there are ways to annoy a KV, too.

Don't get me wrong, I also keep a KV around for fun. But the Marder is more the ultimate sniper than the KV is the ultimate brute, even if marginally so.

Iormlund

I have to agree with Berkut here.

I have around 80 battles with Marder II, over 250 with KV. In my experience both can influence battles while being low tier, but a KV will regularly wipe the floor with your average WoT player when on top -  the Marder is too fragile for that. In my last KV battle at Campinova for example I simply rushed 2 minutes in, one-shot 4 enemies (2 KV2s, 1 B1 and a T34) and took 50% off a PzIV in a near miss. I regularly take down high tier tanks as well. It's the tank I have most Top Guns with and the only one in which I've reached 8 kills (2 times). Not to mention the only one where I've managed to win a 1 vs 5+ situation, not one but three times.
It's also a lot more fun, thanks to the Trollcannon.

C.C.R.

OK, much more betterer now...

I sold my Wespe & bought a Grille because it was 1/2 off this weekend, but the starting gun on that thing was HORRIBLE & had me cringing for the first eight games I played it.  Just had my first game with the new gun, though, and got 3 kills plus Invader, so I feel a little better now...

:ccr

DGuller

I got my T-43 for 1/2 off, and it's not that bad.  Its gun doesn't really bounce that many shots, since the 2-3 shots you can make before you get killed often miss their target.

DGuller

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son