News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

T-43 got a Top Gun.  That tank really is a piece of shit.

Berkut

I gave it up once I had it maxed out and needed another 40k XP for the T-44. Just could not bring myself to play it that much. It really does suck rocks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I'm either having a hot streak, or I'm getting a hang of it, though.  My first 5 games with it netted 0 kills.  The next 13 netted 20 kills.  The 100 mm gun is not that bad of a gun for tier 7 mediums, the problem is that the tank is less survivable than even T20.  If I get myself into a situation where the enemies are not shooting at me, though, I massacre them.

DGuller

He he, killed the last enemy with my last remaining round.  Turns out there is a medal for that.

DGuller

You know you had a short battle when in the detected column, you see four AMX 13 75 tanks. :pinch:

Tamas

Yes but recently, I was placed more and more into battles where I am in the middle of the list or worse (soloing) with the KV.

In that case, you are relegated into a secondary role which does not fit the slow, un-hidable KV. Your armor is nothing to write home about in those games either.

WIth the Marder, you simply cannot be placed solo into a match where you are not as dangerous near the bottom, as on the top.

Iormlund

That's why I only use the Trollcannon lately. It's great to see how even tier IXs get shy when they know you are at the other side of a corner. :lol:

And while it's not the most accurate gun ever for open maps, with 100% crew you do hit more often than not.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2012, 03:27:52 AM
Yes but recently, I was placed more and more into battles where I am in the middle of the list or worse (soloing) with the KV.

In that case, you are relegated into a secondary role which does not fit the slow, un-hidable KV. Your armor is nothing to write home about in those games either.

There is a special place in Hell for KV's, and I take an almost sinful delight in sending them there -- first in my Jagdpanzer IV, and even moreso now in my Jagdpanther.  Just hundreds of games of frustration from fighting the things when I was in lower-tier vehicles ejaculating out in wholesome, 105mm orgasmic goodness.  I have to keep a roll of paper towels on my desk to clean up afterwards...

:P

frunk

Even after nerfing of HE I think the SU-26 is one of the best for its tier.  Fast firing and accurate, for an SPG, it has the advantage of the Russian shot arc to get over obstacles, a tiny profile that makes it hidden unless they are right next to you and a 360 degree firing arc.  Its only disadvantages are its slow movement and slightly weak gun, which only matters if the top is filled with tier 6+ heavies and mediums.

DGuller

My first three battles with T-43 today:  5 kills, 2 kills, 4 kills.  The paltry 2 kill game was when I had to go AFK in the middle of the game to answer the door, and thus got killed without a fight.

DGuller

I'm starting to like the T-43.  It's certainly a tank that's deficient in many respects, but often I can manage to work around those deficiencies and do some damage.

DGuller

Wow, I've gotten almost 2k XP with only two kills.  If only T-43 could take more than 4 hits before blowing up.

Berkut

Jesus DG, quit spooging all over the place. Your awesome, we get it. Congrats, etc., etc.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2012, 03:45:33 AM
Jesus DG, quit spooging all over the place. Your awesome, we get it. Congrats, etc., etc.
You could've said I was awesome 10 pages ago.  :mad: Would've saved you dozens of screenshots.

Tamas

God damn the Jagdtiger is a huge fuckin' letdown. Can't wait for the big gun.

I mean, I don't mind that the "250mm" armor is actually just the small portion around your gun. I mind it more, but still ok, that everyone and their grandma knows this and they are just super-fine about taking their time aiming at the lower end of my front even if I am shooting them. This btw just landed me some good xp in my T-29, since a poor Jagdtiger was crazy enough to take up a city brawl against my MIGHTY TIER 7 90MM GUN and lost more than half of his HP to me until I made a mistake and was killed.

What I mind most are the fires. I read that the transmission is behind that wet carboard they call my lower armor and since transmission is handled like engine damage, and since my engine catches fire on a 20% chance, I do manage to keep that odds and then some, lighting up like a christmas tree every second game.

Is there any point on fixing a camo net on this? I thought it was hard to hide with the Ferdi. Boy I was wrong. They fucking spot me from the other end of the map.

I sure hope the best gun of it will be awesome as I am going to expend a shitload of my gold-converted free xp on it soon, because I just can't fuckin' take this.