News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

13-75/13-90 mostly, although the 12t pisses me off, too.  Not worth the 2,000 creds it takes to kill them (assuming I don't miss, of course)...

:P

frunk

I've found if I start worrying about credits I do worse in the game.  Conserving shots is good if you are trying to hide your presence or you are waiting for a better shot to present itself.  Conserving shots because you don't want to spend the money means you'll leave the opposition alive to shoot at you, costing you the savings of not shooting them in the first place.

DGuller

Quote from: frunk on February 21, 2012, 06:03:06 PM
I've found if I start worrying about credits I do worse in the game.  Conserving shots is good if you are trying to hide your presence or you are waiting for a better shot to present itself.  Conserving shots because you don't want to spend the money means you'll leave the opposition alive to shoot at you, costing you the savings of not shooting them in the first place.
Yeah, I agree.  I use whatever I can use to kill as many enemy fucks as I can, and I wait to do the accounting until after the battle.

Iormlund

I played today for the first time in ages. Got the 5x exp on all tanks and then got a few more battles on IS, 12t and the Trollcannon truck. Generally tried not to rush so much and had quite a few successes.

Got a 5k exp first battle (w/o premium) with the KV-152 on a tier IX match right after getting another Top Gun in Campinovka where we lost despite my 7 one-shot kills.

The first IS victory was also interesting: I was duelling a Tiger in the flat opening by the Abbey. Got 2 well aimed shots in, while he missed a couple. He panicked and fell back and I could not advance without exposing myself even more. I was thus about to disengage when half my team, who I believed was still camping back, decided to join in and we overrun the enemy.

Quote from: Tamas on February 21, 2012, 05:07:37 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 21, 2012, 04:55:04 PM
Which AMX fuckers?  The 38/40 ones, or the 13-75/13-90 ones?  I assume that you don't mean 12t, since no one can get annoyed by it except the poor guy driving it.

The more advanced ones are much more annoying granted, but 12 appears to be quite a good light tank.

Yeah I like my 12t. It's fun closing in on a heavy and unloading 6 shots at his back. You don't even need to circle the fuckers. It's also very dangerous in the rare occasions where there are few high tier enemies.  And it makes good money. I'm looking forward to the 13-75 and 13-90.

Tamas

I am facing a short-term dilemma. Last month or so two of my friends started this and I have been re-climbing the ladders with them, as a result I have a bunch of tanks.

Right now, I am 20k exp from my Jagdtiger - due to the aformentioned situation, I only did daily doubles with my beloved Ferdie for quite a while. I could buy the Jagdtiger by selling the Ferdie, but it would take all my credits.

HOWEVER, I have either unlocked, or will pretty soon unlock:
-VK3001H, in a low priority climb toward the Panther
-T-25
-I am also 20k xp from my Pershing, but I have come to love the T-20, and a friend will have his own soon, so I am not so urgent on this switch.

Speaking of the T-20, my love-hate relationship with is turning into clear love :wub: I can still maneuver myself into quick death when I am not paying attention, but flexibility, the speed, the firepower... awesome. You can be such a major annoyance, and decide battles if not on the bottom third of the list.

EDIT: so the dilemma is of course: Jagdtiger, or T-25 and VK3001H?

Tamas

Well, the new European special seems to have decided it. 5X XP from Friday 'til Monday. I just have to buy the two cheaper tank instead of the single expensive one, and farm them.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on February 23, 2012, 08:12:12 AM
Well, the new European special seems to have decided it. 5X XP from Friday 'til Monday. I just have to buy the two cheaper tank instead of the single expensive one, and farm them.

Lolwut?

Shit that means I'll finally unlock the VK3600H and the 13t-75 -- and I don't have any money. :weep:

Tamas

well, 5X XP for the first victories, obviously :P Still a very very nice special.

But also 50% off gold ammo, so prepare for highly annoying shots from tanks which aren't supposed to hurt you.

Iormlund

Heh. I don't have any high tier tank so that won't happen that much.

My highest is IS.
In tier VI I have a KV-1s and KV-3 (though the second will be elited during the weekend and thus left to rot until the Russian patch gives me another slot).
In V a SU-85, which hopefully will be close to the magnificent 107mm by Monday, a Trollcannon truck, a Pzkfw III/IV and a 12t.
Finally my fun-only B2 and Marder II.

Iormlund

I'm really getting into the little 12t.

Last battle at Mountain Pass I held one flank, bagged a T29 and a Churchill, seriously hurt a Tiger, a T-50 and a DB and generally proved to be a nuisance.

Berkut

Whatever happened to the KV redo?

I've been hanging onto that thing for a rather long time now...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2012, 12:41:56 PM
Whatever happened to the KV redo?

I've been hanging onto that thing for a rather long time now...
I think Soviet line is redone in 7.3. 

Iormlund

Huh? What about 7.2 then?

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on February 23, 2012, 02:21:34 PM
Huh? What about 7.2 then?
It's going to be released before 7.3.

C.C.R.

Looks like the Grille is going to be half-priced this weekend -- perfect opportunity for me to upgrade my Wespe.  It's been elited forever, but I could never be bothered to upgrade...

:ccr