And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C.R.

Indeed...

:ccr

And yeah, the 105 seems to break things nicely...

:cool:

katmai

I'm slowly going up the US medium tank tree since coming back to game.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I came back, but I don't know for how long.

The game basically forces you to buy a gold tank to advance in the upper tiers. I am going to need 2 million credits to get an E-75, and I break even overall with my IS-4 or Tiger-2. They say you can play mid-tier tanks to make credits, which is true, but that kind of sucks since what do you do when you level out of them? I've been doing that, and now can drive a bunch of high tier tanks I cannot afford, rather than just 1 or 2.

So that means you pretty much have to just grind away in some T5 tank without ever intending to move beyond it to make enough credits to buy a new T9 much less T10.

This used to be alleviated by their "specials" where you could make a lot of creds on bonus vehicles, but I think they realized that was letting people actually buy high Tier tanks without a gold tank, so they stopped that.

Still a lot of fun to play, but there is no way I am going to just grind away in a PzIV for hours to be able to buy a IS-7 some day. I already pay for a premium account, that should be enough.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Mostly playing my Jagdpanther, but also hit my VK3001H pretty heavy -- it's the first med that I've actually had fun playing & not just been grinding it to get something else.  And I still have a Leopard, a Wespe & a Pz38nA for LOL material.  I also have the VK3601 unlocked, so at some point I'll pick one up so that I can grind for a Tiger.  Fun, fun, fun...

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on February 20, 2012, 11:26:52 PM
I came back, but I don't know for how long.

The game basically forces you to buy a gold tank to advance in the upper tiers. I am going to need 2 million credits to get an E-75, and I break even overall with my IS-4 or Tiger-2. They say you can play mid-tier tanks to make credits, which is true, but that kind of sucks since what do you do when you level out of them? I've been doing that, and now can drive a bunch of high tier tanks I cannot afford, rather than just 1 or 2.

So that means you pretty much have to just grind away in some T5 tank without ever intending to move beyond it to make enough credits to buy a new T9 much less T10.

This used to be alleviated by their "specials" where you could make a lot of creds on bonus vehicles, but I think they realized that was letting people actually buy high Tier tanks without a gold tank, so they stopped that.

Still a lot of fun to play, but there is no way I am going to just grind away in a PzIV for hours to be able to buy a IS-7 some day. I already pay for a premium account, that should be enough.
I'm still making some money with IS-4.  Probably not enough to buy me an IS-7 once I research it, but I'm running a profit nonetheless, even while getting a Steel Wall seemingly every second game.

Berkut

I break even on my IS-4 for all practical purposes. But that means that I don't play it much, since I don't want to break even, I want to earn enough to pay for a IS-7 some day! Which means I play more matches in vehicles that can consistently turn a positive cred income, like the PZIV and M40/M43 and such. Which I don't like to play as much, so I get bored and quit for a while.

0 rows returned

C.C.R.

I'm also feeling the Credit Crunch pain (which is why I was asking about the 88 vs. the 105), but hey -- you can't put a price tag on killing people & breaking shit...

Arvoreen

For cheap bastards like me that don't even pay for a premium account, getting the funds to buy the higher tier tanks is almost impossible.  I barely can break even on my M41 or T25....

However, even saying that, I'm still having fun getting on for a few quick battles each night.  I *really* like the fact that you only really have to commit to 15 minute (or less) intervals.  Makes it easy to get into a battle, have fun...then go do something else (like set the table or some other thing my wife wants ;)). 

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on February 21, 2012, 01:51:04 AM
I break even on my IS-4 for all practical purposes. But that means that I don't play it much, since I don't want to break even, I want to earn enough to pay for a IS-7 some day! Which means I play more matches in vehicles that can consistently turn a positive cred income, like the PZIV and M40/M43 and such. Which I don't like to play as much, so I get bored and quit for a while.
I don't even know if I'm going to get an IS-7.  What's the challenge there?  It's elite from the start, and there is nothing to accomplish by beating up on lower tiers.  I'd like to be able to buy it, but I don't think I would ever get around to actually buying it.

C.C.R.

The problem I'm having is that the kids wait until I click "Battle" before they make my wife crazy -- she's stuck dealing with them until it's over... :P

katmai

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 21, 2012, 01:29:43 PM
The problem I'm having is that the kids wait until I click "Battle" before they make my wife crazy -- she's stuck dealing with them until it's over... :P

You've trained them well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on February 21, 2012, 01:29:16 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 21, 2012, 01:51:04 AM
I don't even know if I'm going to get an IS-7.  What's the challenge there?  It's elite from the start, and there is nothing to accomplish by beating up on lower tiers.  I'd like to be able to buy it, but I don't think I would ever get around to actually buying it.

Yeah, I here you. It is kind of like my E-50 - it is freaking awesome to play, but it is just kind of missing something, since there isn't anything to look forward to.

And that is my point in general in regards to the story that you play mid-tiers to pay for high. Well, I like playing mid-tiers, but you know what happens? I play them, and elite them, and then what? Just keep on playing them, wracking up XP I can't use without spending MORE money?

That is why I have a T29 how, and no idea how to pay for a T32! And a SU-85! Etc., etc.

Hell, I abandoned the German TD line after the JagdPanther since I knew I would never be able to afford a Ferd.

What I would like is an E-75 - that is my next "major" purchase, but I suspect it won't ever happen. Or at least no time remotely soon.

Still, the game is a lot of fun to play anyway.

0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Effective immediately, I am putting a 1 million fake internet dollar bounty on each & every one of those little AMX fuckers that you kill.  Just PM you RL name, SS# (or equiv), bank account number & routing number & I will be sure to, uh, pay you...

:shifty:

DGuller

Which AMX fuckers?  The 38/40 ones, or the 13-75/13-90 ones?  I assume that you don't mean 12t, since no one can get annoyed by it except the poor guy driving it.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on February 21, 2012, 04:55:04 PM
Which AMX fuckers?  The 38/40 ones, or the 13-75/13-90 ones?  I assume that you don't mean 12t, since no one can get annoyed by it except the poor guy driving it.

The more advanced ones are much more annoying granted, but 12 appears to be quite a good light tank.