News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

So which is the better gun on the Hetzer?  The 7.5cm or the 10.5cm?  Looks like 10.5 has 3x the damage, but a lot less penetration....

Tamas

Quote from: Arvoreen on January 30, 2012, 10:51:02 PM
So which is the better gun on the Hetzer?  The 7.5cm or the 10.5cm?  Looks like 10.5 has 3x the damage, but a lot less penetration....

The 10.5cm :) Oh, what a gun. It has enough damage that you don't have to worry about penetration. Load only HE shells, and enjoy the ride.  :cool:

Iormlund

Not anymore. After the HE nerf you need to hit weakpoints or penetrate to do significant damage.

DGuller

Quote from: Arvoreen on January 30, 2012, 10:19:06 PM
Now that was a fun match....got Reaper, Top Gun and Sniper
You got ~1000 XP after killing 7 enemies?  Did you kill them after they surrendered?

Arvoreen

Quote from: DGuller on January 31, 2012, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: Arvoreen on January 30, 2012, 10:19:06 PM
Now that was a fun match....got Reaper, Top Gun and Sniper
You got ~1000 XP after killing 7 enemies?  Did you kill them after they surrendered?
Alas, I'm a cheap bastard and don't pay for 'premium account'. 

C.C.R.

Quote from: Tamas on January 30, 2012, 02:47:48 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on January 29, 2012, 12:56:08 PM
Finished grinding on my Stug so that I could buy the Jagdpaner IV for half price.  The increased hit points rock, but the starting gun is frickin' painful.  My first game in the thing I got Sharpshooter without scratching the paint on a single enemy tank... :p

The guns on that will remain comperatively weak, especially considering that you are used to the awesomnesses which are the previous 3 German TDs. But it has good armor and HP and can hide very well. Just adopt to being a hidden support gun, and not a one-man killing machine.
And then you shall progress to the Jagdpanther which, when maxed out, is one awesome vehicle.

I'm about 1500 xp from getting the 88 -- I'm hoping that will be an upgrade from the long 75, with which I can hit a gnat's ass flying but can't penetrate a hooker with a fistful of Franklins...

:(

In other news, an anecdote that I can't get out of my head:  In my last game in the Stug, I was hiding in cover, minding my own business when one of our scouts lit up an enemy Wespe.  Moving away from me.  Uphill.  Blooped a 105 HE round into his open cuppola and, well, Easiest.  Kill.  Evah.  Strange how this game works out sometimes.  It's a lot like golf -- even when you have a shitty game, there's always that one shot that brings you back...

:ccr

C.C.R.

The 105mm (OK, 10.5cm, whatever) in the Hetzer was Teh Awesome.  That was the rig where I got my only Top Gun, which was a game in Ruinberg where I just couldn't miss -- The Enemy was particularily inept that evening, blundering into the muzzle flash of my wholesome, HE'y goodness & shit.  Good Times...

:ccr

DGuller

Did I say that I really love my IS-4?  In my 59 games with it, I got 9 Steel Walls.  My armor is my cover.  :)

DGuller

Damn, I faced about 8 tanks by myself on one level, although I had some support from the hill nearby.  It took them 29 hits to kill my IS-4, and those were mostly from tier 8 and 9, and I nearly made it if it weren't for the last Type 59 that survived.  Got 2100 XP from that battle and a Confederate.

DGuller

SU-152 with a 122 mm gun really rocks.  Same gun as the IS, but more accurate with nearly double the firing rate. :yeah:

C.C.R.

I almost had my first "YOU ARE TEH FUKKN NOOB" spazz attack just now.  Arctic Region in my Jagdpanther, bunch of Tier V medium chickenshits left me out alone on the left to die.  Have the 88/L71, but no upgraded suspension or armor, so I was fucked.  By the time that I realized that they were leaving me out to dry it was too late to back up.  Oh, well.  I didn't stick around to see how that chickenshit Sherman fared against that T29...

:p

C.C.R.

Is the 10.5/L52 worth my time in my Jagdpanther, or should I just save the creds?

Berkut

Not only is it worth your time, it is pretty much the entire fucking point of the JagdPanther.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

C.C.R.

Alrighty then.  I had just heard conflicting opinions & thought that I would ask somebody a little more, well, friendly...

:P

katmai

So you came to Languish? smooth move hoss
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son