Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

But I want to enjoy the game in my Jagdtiger!  :mad:

Iormlund

Meh. Right now I'd settle for a T-34.

By the way isn't 5 shots fired rather low for a heavy? You should be in the thick of it for most of the round.

Slargos

Quote from: Iormlund on September 18, 2011, 03:40:17 PM

By the way isn't 5 shots fired rather low for a heavy? You should be in the thick of it for most of the round.

With a 30 second reload, 5 is a shitstorm of bullets.

Iormlund

Quote from: Slargos on September 18, 2011, 03:43:07 PM... 30 second reload ...
Jesus, is that thing muzzle loaded?

Habbaku

Quote from: Iormlund on September 18, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
Quote from: Slargos on September 18, 2011, 03:43:07 PM... 30 second reload ...
Jesus, is that thing muzzle loaded?

That was an initial problem with the tanks, but it was something the NKVD said was absolutely necessary to keep the crews in line.  Fortunately, the second series eventually had the barrel turned towards the enemy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Who is TheStretcher? ANyone from Languish?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Bored, guess ill try playing this again.

Looked like my beta account was deleted, any recourse on that?  Am i missing any XP's or creds? 

Or everyone start over with a clean slate?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Shade

Had to start all over though I think if you do something special you get something for being a beta... I forget haha

DGuller

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 18, 2011, 08:39:51 PM
Bored, guess ill try playing this again.

Looked like my beta account was deleted, any recourse on that?  Am i missing any XP's or creds? 

Or everyone start over with a clean slate?
You definitely do not keep your beta progress.

Alcibiades

Well I remembered that, which is why I quit playing when the beta ended.  Couldn't fathom grinding back to a Jagdtiger,  King Tiger, and a T32. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on September 18, 2011, 03:43:07 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 18, 2011, 03:40:17 PM

With a 30 second reload, 5 is a shitstorm of bullets.

:yes:

I have learned that with the 152mm, you need to go close quarters, with support. Preferably on streets, but lotsa' hard cover at least, and you need to have friendlies around to occupy the enemy while your crew cast your new shell and wait while it cools down and forms or whatever.
It is NOT accurate so you need to shoot from close.

But boy oh boy: a 100% KV shot in the back from point blank because he did not see me on the streets - insta kill. An other time, I was racing (with my mighty 25km/h) down a street to circle a block, a Marder II firing potshots at me from the front (way too far to shoot back with my special gun, didn't hurt me much anyway), when somebody spotted a PzIV racing toward me from the next street left (where I was heading). So I stopped near the corner, waited a bit, the Panzer charged out and BOOM got my 152mm HE to it's side, ending his game.
GLORIOUS

Tamas

I will actually soon unlock the 107mm for the KV, but I am having  a hard time convincing myself to switch, this Trollcannon is just too awesome

Slargos

I had fun playing with the howitzer, but it wasn't really as effective.

DGuller

Howitzer is fun if the situation is just right, but how often is the situation just right for it?  The 107mm gun will be combat-effective much more consistently.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on September 19, 2011, 08:31:36 AM
Howitzer is fun if the situation is just right, but how often is the situation just right for it?  The 107mm gun will be combat-effective much more consistently.

But can I damage higher tiered tanks with a reasonable chance? Because I ding like 20% off them with the Trollcannon