And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on September 17, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
Slargos, did you ever play the Ferd?
Yeah. I just unlocked the JTiger though I haven't bought it yet.
I don't have as much fun in the Ferdi as in the JP, but I have a healthy 60ish victory rate though a lower avg frag. It's a fun tank to drive, and unlike the JP it can actually bounce a lot of shots, especially if properly angled or hull downed.

DGuller

Finally got in the groove with the BL-9 gun on the IS-3.  Stormed the hill in the Mines map with it, fired 17 shots, hit 13 times, and killed 7.  None of those seven were on my team either. :yeah:

Iormlund

I, on the other hand, managed not to fire or receive a single shot with my brand new Hezter, while survivng the entire round in the open, just trying to (veeery slowly) get where the action was. They should give ma an achiement for that.

Slargos

Having a hell of a run tonight. 8 straight victories. 3+ frags in 5 of them.

C.C.R.

I can't figure out whether to go with the 75mm or the 5cm gun on my PzIII.  They both seem so suck monkey balls...

DGuller

Wow, T29 is one of those tanks that puzzles me.  It feels like a scrap heap on tracks when stock, but I've already got 2 Top Guns with it only 17 games in.  When it's at the top of the list, it's just a monster, even with a 90mm gun.

Tamas

Meh the 152mmed KV is frustrating. Reload time is one thing, but with horrendous turret traverse time it becomes hell.

Fucking scouts. And my teammates, who usually cant realize that I cant do shit against a leopard which is circling me. It is ridicoulous sometimes. My teammates go around their merry business around me, while the scout circles me and draws in all the fuckin' arty on the map. When I am on top of the list or thereabouts, I just now ignore the little fucker, and aim to take a couple of enemies with me with one-shots before I eventually blow up.

Tamas

How the FUCK do you gain XP?

I kill 3 tanks with a total of 5 shots fired (2 misses). I capture 45% of their base before they capture ours, as I was the only survivor from my team. I get 345XP. With my KV.

With my Jagdpanzer I average around 500 I think, but the next tier is 65000XP, which would mean 130 games. Fuck that!

Habbaku

A premium account gives a bonus of 50% credits/XP for every battle.  ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I don't think you can get a premium account on a pirated copy of WoT.  :hmm:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

veeery funny. I do have a premium account.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2011, 12:15:41 PM
How the FUCK do you gain XP?

I kill 3 tanks with a total of 5 shots fired (2 misses). I capture 45% of their base before they capture ours, as I was the only survivor from my team. I get 345XP. With my KV.

With my Jagdpanzer I average around 500 I think, but the next tier is 65000XP, which would mean 130 games. Fuck that!

Quit looking at the game as a series of XP hurdles to get over. Just play the game and have fun. The goal is to go blow shit up, not get through each vehicle as fast as possible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

But goals are what makes the game addictive.  Humans are driven by goals.

Iormlund

I'd rather just enjoy the game as Berkut says. Which is why I'm still on tier 4, I guess.