News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I actually think that my leopard is my funnest tank to play right now. He is elite of course, so I just use him to get creds and xp to turn into free.

But he can make a LOT of xp for a T4. He goes just under 70 kmh on level ground, and I am getting pretty good at keeping to the dead spaces for the most part. I can make a good chunk of xp and creds without ever firing a shot, and have cleared 1000 xp when I manage to get in and take out an arty or two before I get blown away.

I know I am doing good with it because I got called a cunt and a douchebag by the other team yesterday, in different matches. Someone actually accused me of cheating when I took out all three of the opposing teams artillery, one that was a T7 artillery piece I destroyed by ramming him at about 60 kmh.

Of course, I have plenty of matches where I race along, run into a heavy or medium with a good pilot, and die in a glorious explosion without ever accomplishing anything at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2011, 10:32:27 AM

Of course, I have plenty of matches where I race along, run into a heavy or medium with a good pilot, and die in a glorious explosion without ever accomplishing anything at all.

:D

Ludicrous Speed is not a Shield of Invincibility, indeed. Sometimes you run into players who can't lead a Ferdinand that's reversing, and sometimes you get one-shot from 800m away going 70km/h downhill.  :homestar:

[Yes. That was me. I was pretty satisfied with that shot.  :sleep: ]

DGuller

It's always satisfying when I try to lead a Leopard, get one shot off only to immediately regret it, thinking that my 1,000 credit 122mm shot can't hit him, only to be surprised as that red dot turns into a black dot.  Happened several times with me. 

Somehow I seem to have a better than average knack for shooting into empty space, and having a tank appear there when the shell does.  Sometimes those tanks even belong to the enemy.

Stonewall

What should be the first major upgrade? 88 or the mid level engine?
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Slargos

Quote from: Stonewall on July 18, 2011, 12:03:43 PM
What should be the first major upgrade? 88 or the mid level engine?

88, definitely. You'll increase your XP rate much more than with the engine, even if the engine is also very useful since it's a relatively slow tank without it.

DGuller

Agreed.  In general, guns go before engines.  Much more often the power of your gun will be the limiting factor of your success, and not the power of your engine.

Syt

I'm warming up to playing with TD and honestly prefer it to the light tanks. I bought the Soviet tier 4 TD, but I'll grind some more XP with my tier 3 AT-1 to get it decked out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Quote from: Slargos on July 18, 2011, 08:55:06 AM
Quote from: Threviel on July 18, 2011, 08:45:45 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 18, 2011, 07:49:07 AM
Watching lights hang back behind the line to "snipe" when the line is being pounded by invisible TDs makes me want to reach through my screen and tear their fucking faces off.

I will make the ammendment to my one wish. Fuck the jews and the arabs. I want the power to murder or severely mutilate over the internet at will. Possibly through electrocution.

So just what the fuck am I supposed to be doing in my eggshell T-46 against tier 5-6 heavies and TDs?

I'll tell you, you cowardly, worthless little spit-fuck.

You run bravely towards the enemy and try to survive for as long as possible. While you do this, and while they're shooting at you, my near-sighted Ferdinand can actually land some shots on the now visible enemies.

If you stay behind me, I am forced to close with the enemy, and before I even see where he is, he will have shot out my tracks and flanked me.

The bonus FOR YOU other than knowing that you've done your GODDAMNED JOB is that any damage inflicted from long range where you are closer to the target gives YOU XP, and in addition you get XP for spotting the enemy tanks. Your spotting will also vastly increase the chance for your team to win, which nets you further XP.

A Light that survives to the end of the battle in anything but a flawless victory or a Tier 1-3 fight is a gigantic failure, and deserves to have his spine ripped out through his anus.

No, you are wrong, I get more money and xp by sitting back and sniping. Once I even managed ti get a KV from 100% to 99% before he killed me. Cowardly TDs had died by attacking instead of defending.

Berkut

Seems like there has been a lot less artillery in matches lately. Is that because as I get higher in tier, people don't like to play them as much, or because people in general are figuring out that they are pretty boring most of the time?

I don't think I am ever going to go from my M7 Priest to the T41. 41k XP at about 400 per match that takes forever? Uggh.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Currently running the VK3002DB. It is fully upgraded, except for the engine. 17k for the engine research, 94k for the next tier (Panther).

17k isn't that much, but on the other hand, the tank is already pretty damn fast. Does upper 30s across flat ground, and can easily top 50 on any incline. So does it really need another 100 horsepower, especially since the engine won't be used in any other vehicle?

0 rows returned

katmai

Played around with the entry level US SPG, man arty is easy.

Went back to my "main" which is still a lowly M2 medium tank as i haven't paid for any of upgrades.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2011, 11:12:59 PM
Currently running the VK3002DB. It is fully upgraded, except for the engine. 17k for the engine research, 94k for the next tier (Panther).

17k isn't that much, but on the other hand, the tank is already pretty damn fast. Does upper 30s across flat ground, and can easily top 50 on any incline. So does it really need another 100 horsepower, especially since the engine won't be used in any other vehicle?

Adding HP at that point is mostly for acceleration and turning speed.

I haven't played with it enough since I just got it, but it feels more nimble than the 3001.

I used to pass over engines but lately I've been researching them religiously.

I haven't quite decided what to do about it yet. I may just pass over the optionals entirely, and run it for daily bonus with converted XP making up the bulk. My reasoning is that it simply feels like a slightly better armoured 3001 and it's facing heavier opponents so I doubt it will be much fun to play.

How does it handle with the turret and track upgrades?

Berkut

Meh, the turret is nice, it adds a bit of HP and a lot of armor. I was worried it might slow the tank down a bit (12000 vs 4400 weight) but it is not noticeable.

Still, it has that same 88 the 3001 had,  so if you are in the bottom third of the tier list, you are going to sit there bouncing shots.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Has anyone joined or considered joining a clan? Is the strategic level game interesting?

0 rows returned