News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So my son watches me play, and he loves seeing the lights zooming across the screen and kept bitching that I didn't have anything that fast.

So I decided to go back and complete the German light tree, and get myself a Leopard.

So then I decided I might as well be a completist, so I researched every single light German tank fully, at least enough to unlock each next step (Wespe, PzIII med, etc.).

So I was just finishing up the PZII (I actually had to come back to it in fact, and re-buy it). I think I figured out the auto-cannon. Holy shit, that was fun. Got into a match where it was all lights or T2 mediums. I just got around the flank, came in behind the bug mass of fighting tanks, and rammed a medium from behind, and just unloaded on him. He was gone in a few seconds, I picked out another target, rinse and repeat.

7 kills later, I am hunting down their stragglers, and run into a PzIII medium with me having a damaged engine, track, and gun. I charge him, and he panics and tries to run away from me! Get one shot into me before I kill him for kill #8.

There is one enemy left over by the flag, and I am now down to 8/160 HPs. I hunt him down, and start to unload on him, and he nails me for the kill, he was down to 12%, and a moment later one of my compatriots takes him out.

8 kills is definitely my high score. I don't think I will ever break it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Slargos

It doesn't fucking fail.

Whenever I do NOT go to defend the flag on Komarin, neither does anyone else and the opposing team rushes in for an almost flawless victory since no one has time to react to 6-7 tanks in the cap zone at once. Fucking IDIOTS.

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on July 15, 2011, 02:05:36 PM
It doesn't fucking fail.

Whenever I do NOT go to defend the flag on Komarin, neither does anyone else and the opposing team rushes in for an almost flawless victory since no one has time to react to 6-7 tanks in the cap zone at once. Fucking IDIOTS.

Aren't you exactly as much of a fucking idiot as everyone else in that scenario?

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2011, 02:10:05 PM
It doesn't fucking fail.

Aren't you exactly as much of a fucking idiot as everyone else in that scenario?

9 games out of 10 I defend the flag [on Komarin specifically] because it seems no one else will. So sue me for deciding on another route once in a while. Why do you have to insist on being such a fucking dick all the time?

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on July 15, 2011, 02:31:23 PM
It doesn't fucking fail.

9 games out of 10 I defend the flag [on Komarin specifically] because it seems no one else will. So sue me for deciding on another route once in a while. Why do you have to insist on being such a fucking dick all the time?

9 out of ten times I let your ridiculousness go. So sue me for deciding to go another route once in a while!

Besides, nobody even commented on my epic 8 win match in a fucking T3 light, so I was cranky. You can all DIAF.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2011, 08:11:19 PM
Besides, nobody even commented on my epic 8 win match in a fucking T3 light, so I was cranky. You can all DIAF.
That story was cute, Berkut. :hug:

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2011, 08:11:19 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 15, 2011, 02:31:23 PM
It doesn't fucking fail.

9 out of ten times I let your ridiculousness go. So sue me for deciding to go another route once in a while!

Come back when you can achieve similar results against tanks that don't die to a particularly harsh breeze.  :rolleyes:

DGuller

Finally got my IS, have been working towards it for more than a month.  Let's see how well it does stock.  I hope it's not like the situation with KVs, where they all rape you until you get them, and then you realize that the KVs that were raping you were just getting a favorable matchmaking outcome.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 16, 2011, 01:37:22 AM
Finally got my IS, have been working towards it for more than a month.  Let's see how well it does stock.  I hope it's not like the situation with KVs, where they all rape you until you get them, and then you realize that the KVs that were raping you were just getting a favorable matchmaking outcome.

:menace:

Sorry, bub, that shit won't end until you're in the IS-7. And probably not then either.  :hmm:

Seen

Wow you guys really are addicted  :lol:

Berkut

I know I am. I like that tag....

0 rows returned

DGuller

I am taking a liking to that IS.  First time I put a 122mm gun on it, I got my third Top Gun. :yeah:  It seems like once you're on the IS side of the tier divide, more often than not matchmaking works in your favor.

Berkut

I suspect I am spreading myself to thin. Right now I have:

VK3001P (only a couple thousand xp from the next one) (T6)
KV-3 (T6)
JagdPzIV (T6)
M10 (T5)
KV (T5)
M7 Priest (T4)
Leopard (T4)

I consider the German medium path my "main", with the Soviet heavy my secondary, and all the rest just fun to play. But even all those fun to plays start adding up in cost.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I do pretty much the same thing.  My main line is Soviet heavy, my secondary line is German heavy, but I also mix in some other lines when my main two tanks are knocked out, or just for variety.