News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I'm mainly running German Heavies and TDs but I'm also working on the German medium line, and the US medium and TD. The latter I mainly just pick up the daily double bonus for.

I figure I'll just keep working the Tiger since when the new German tech tree comes up all the XP on the Elite Tiger will be transferred to the Tiger II for free. Owners of the Panther will also get a free upgrade so that's what I'm mainly working on now. I want the E-100 and the StugE eventually.

DGuller

:w00t: Second Top Gun with IS.  I really, really like that tank.

Syt

This is an addictive little game, though I totally suck at it.

At T3 now, with an AT-1 and a T-46. I'm usually among the weakest tanks in any battle, so I try to get a good spotting position and hide or hide behind the bigger tanks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Watching lights hang back behind the line to "snipe" when the line is being pounded by invisible TDs makes me want to reach through my screen and tear their fucking faces off.

I will make the ammendment to my one wish. Fuck the jews and the arabs. I want the power to murder or severely mutilate over the internet at will. Possibly through electrocution.

Threviel

Quote from: Slargos on July 18, 2011, 07:49:07 AM
Watching lights hang back behind the line to "snipe" when the line is being pounded by invisible TDs makes me want to reach through my screen and tear their fucking faces off.

I will make the ammendment to my one wish. Fuck the jews and the arabs. I want the power to murder or severely mutilate over the internet at will. Possibly through electrocution.

So just what the fuck am I supposed to be doing in my eggshell T-46 against tier 5-6 heavies and TDs?

DGuller

Threviel

DGuller

Sniping with a light tank isn't that fun either, unless you like the ping sounds.

Stonewall

Got my VK 3601 yesterday.  That thing has some potential once I can grind the new engine out.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Slargos

Quote from: Threviel on July 18, 2011, 08:45:45 AM
Quote from: Slargos on July 18, 2011, 07:49:07 AM

So just what the fuck am I supposed to be doing in my eggshell T-46 against tier 5-6 heavies and TDs?

I'll tell you, you cowardly, worthless little spit-fuck.

You run bravely towards the enemy and try to survive for as long as possible. While you do this, and while they're shooting at you, my near-sighted Ferdinand can actually land some shots on the now visible enemies.

If you stay behind me, I am forced to close with the enemy, and before I even see where he is, he will have shot out my tracks and flanked me.

The bonus FOR YOU other than knowing that you've done your GODDAMNED JOB is that any damage inflicted from long range where you are closer to the target gives YOU XP, and in addition you get XP for spotting the enemy tanks. Your spotting will also vastly increase the chance for your team to win, which nets you further XP.

A Light that survives to the end of the battle in anything but a flawless victory or a Tier 1-3 fight is a gigantic failure, and deserves to have his spine ripped out through his anus.

Slargos

Quote from: Stonewall on July 18, 2011, 08:54:20 AM
Got my VK 3601 yesterday.  That thing has some potential once I can grind the new engine out.

It is a beautiful tank. Don't forget to elite it before you  move on to the Tiger since all the equipment carries over.

DGuller

Quote from: Stonewall on July 18, 2011, 08:54:20 AM
Definitely lots of potential.  That's the first actual tank, not counting arty, with which my kill/game ratio was consitently at or above 1.

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on July 18, 2011, 08:46:55 AM
Scout?

I have yet to work out how detection works, actually. Even when I stand perfectly still in the undergrowth and have my camo net installed I'm often killed by meds or tds or arty before I see anyone.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

DGuller

It helps if your crew is trained in camo.  It also helps if you have optics or binocular telescope.  In fact, I think binocular telescope is a must for any tank that isn't doing its business up close and personal.