News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Man, I am loving this new cannon. I just single-handedly took out an advancing platoon, two SPGs and the remaining defending KV and captured the flag.  :lol:

Granted, I got lucky in that the venue of advance I picked only had mediums in it, but damn that was fun.  :lol:

The *ping* the shots make as they bounce off your front armour is fantastic.  :D

Edit: Reaper-4.  :cool:

DGuller

Here is a first for me.  My Panzer IV was tracked, and thus I was forced to keep shooting at the Stug that tracked it.  Apparently we shot at each other one last time at the same instant, as both of us blew up simultaneously from each other's shell.

DGuller

Doh!  Just now, by accident, I learned how to really use auto-aim.  It turns out that until now I had no idea.   :blush:  The first battle I tried it, I scored 4 easy kills.  It's really a godsend if you're fighting tanks you can easily penetrate.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2011, 08:11:17 PM
Share!
Get the tank in crosshairs, and right-click.  As long as it's in view, your crosshair will follow that tank, even if you or he moves.  One thing it doesn't do is lead the tank, though, so if you really have to shoot it while it's moving to the side, you have to disable the auto-aim on him. 

Speaking of crosshairs, another thing I learned somewhat recently is that its color tells you whether you can penetrate the tank there with your gun, or not (it's even more clear if you don't use the default wedge crosshair).  It really make it much easier to find the weak spot on the enemy tank, before I knew that I was purely guessing.

Slargos

Yes. I would be interested in hearing aswell.  :hmm:

I use it mainly for those times when I need to fire while on the move, IE while attempting to circle a TD or trying to disengage.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2011, 01:28:19 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2011, 08:11:17 PM
Share!
Get the tank in crosshairs, and right-click.  As long as it's in view, your crosshair will follow that tank, even if you or he moves.  One thing it doesn't do is lead the tank, though, so if you really have to shoot it while it's moving to the side, you have to disable the auto-aim on him. 

Speaking of crosshairs, another thing I learned somewhat recently is that its color tells you whether you can penetrate the tank there with your gun, or not (it's even more clear if you don't use the default wedge crosshair).  It really make it much easier to find the weak spot on the enemy tank, before I knew that I was purely guessing.

Now THAT is interesting!  :hmm:

Slargos

Oh, and turns out there is an artillery "bird's eye" view. That would be quite helpful in aiming.  :lol:

Learn something new every day. Now I understand why they seem so idiot-savant-accurate all the time. God-mode on.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 16, 2011, 01:41:18 AM
Oh, and turns out there is an artillery "bird's eye" view. That would be quite helpful in aiming.  :lol:

Learn something new every day. Now I understand why they seem so idiot-savant-accurate all the time. God-mode on.
Oh, yeah, it's useful to know that too, and something I also didn't know right away.  :lol:  Aiming artillery like it's a tank destroyer does not make for a fun experience.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2011, 01:48:11 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 16, 2011, 01:41:18 AM

Oh, yeah, it's useful to know that too, and something I also didn't know right away.  :lol:  Aiming artillery like it's a tank destroyer does not make for a fun experience.

Not really. Though it would certainly make more sense.

I thought I needed to bring it in horizontal line with the target and it would more or less autoaim itself vertically, which it appeared to be doing. I figured it required some badass skill to pilot the arty.

Now I'm just disappointed.  :P

Slargos

I'm considering just ponying up the cash for a Löwe. I'm getting sick and tired of being plastered all over the map by VKs and KVs.

This one mother fucking VK3001 was going for our lone Hummel, and I pounded him 6 fucking times at close range, while he dashed by, took out the Hummel and proceeded to take out me with 25% health still remaining.

The cost of the Löwe is approximately $30 and I'll be damned if it's not worth it.

Slargos

Broke down and bought the Löwe. And now I'm facing Maus.

I simply CANNOT catch a break.  :mad:

Berkut

I think I am about done with this. It is a lot of fun, but I don't like the payment model. The "free" game is actually way too expensive to justify.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

That's how a free game works. I guess this is how coke addicts feel.

Try Spiral Knights, it's as worse.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2011, 08:08:26 AM
That's how a free game works. I guess this is how coke addicts feel.

Try Spiral Knights, it's as worse.

I don't mind the business model, just think that when you look at how much this game costs, it isn't worth it.

0 rows returned