And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

1)  Get premium account.
2)  Have no life.
3)  Try to earn more than 200 per match.  Experience gain is increased as you move up in tiers, generally.

Slargos

Most games I'm lucky if I can find a target I can actually kill.  :D

And then I get too eager in the matches that are target rich, and typically get myself killed by some asshole suicide scout who manages to get behind me.

Shade

Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 10:57:23 AM
Anyway.

JgPz is 30k exp. At an average of 200 per match, that's what.. 150 matches. Grind doesn't even begin to explain this. How the hell can so many people have the high tiered vehicles?

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/buy_gold_special_price_and_get_unique_tank_free

The pre-order may have also helped...

Shade

For any on American servers name is Shade135

Slargos

I just got the 42/L70 gun for the StuG and holy SHIT what a difference a barrel makes. :w00t:

I just took on a KV head on, granted with a bit of artillery support, and he.. lost..  :D

Twice the rate of fire and almost twice the penetration = one happy Slargos.

DGuller

Tank destroyers live and die by their boomsticks.  That's pretty much the only thing they have; you either blast away the bad guy in one or two shots, or you're dispatched by either the bad guy or the arty. 

That makes TDs quite annoying to play when they're stock, since you're going to be shooting peas at KVs for quite a while until you scrounge up the experience for the good gun, while they just need to fart at you out of their tailpipe to knock you out.

Berkut

I think I am going to shift my focus to medium tanks.

And really, if you are going to aim for the medium tank, you have to go German and get a Panther, right?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2011, 03:33:39 PM

And really, if you are going to aim for the medium tank, you have to go German and get a Panther, right?

Isn't T-34 a Medium tank as well?

Slargos

If you want to ride an inferior vehicle.

From what I can tell, the KV is the only really viable option if you want to be competitive.

I'm shooting for the Tiger. Won't be caught riding that commie filth.  :mad:

DGuller

The medium tank I fear the most is the VK3601H.  I've seen those tanks go on a tear even in battles with lots of heavies. 

But you don't necessarily have to go German, T-34 and Sherman have their charms as well.  Another advantage for the Soviets is that the final step in the medium tree is T54, which reportedly is quite a beast.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 03:40:37 PM
If you want to ride an inferior vehicle.

From what I can tell, the KV is the only really viable option if you want to be competitive.

I'm shooting for the Tiger. Won't be caught riding that commie filth.  :mad:
Maybe it's the only viable option in your tiers, but as you keep moving up, you're going to find KVs wanting.  Their stupid-ass KV2 turret is just a big and amusing target for higher tier tanks.

Slargos

Do.

Not.

Charge.

Artillery.

Head.

On.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 03:42:09 PM

The medium tank I fear the most is the VK3601H.  I've seen those tanks go on a tear even in battles with lots of heavies. 

Concur. They are dangerous.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on June 15, 2011, 03:48:26 PM
Do.

Not.

Charge.

Artillery.

Head.

On.
You actually got shot by one?  I find it pretty safe to charge head on, if time is of the essence, just don't stay in front of the cannon when you get there.  I almost always miss the point-blank shots with the arty if the tank is charging me, and they almost always miss me as well.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

You actually got shot by one?  I find it pretty safe to charge head on, if time is of the essence, just don't stay in front of the cannon when you get there.  I almost always miss the point-blank shots with the arty if the tank is charging me, and they almost always miss me as well.

I got greedy. Last one standing and after I missed the first shot I figured I would just ram him before anyone else got a shot off. He fired just as I was about to strike home.  :blush: