News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Defcon Languish Game?

Started by Drakken, June 08, 2011, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Started to play some Defcon to blow shit up WarGames-style. Wondering if anyone else was playing it.

I'd be up for a multi Languish game.

Tamas

Drakken

Razgovory

I see him on Steam.  So he's around.  He keeps changing his name though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Berkut

Downloaded the demo last night. Pretty fun.

Kind of creepy though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

creepy fun.  :)

I just wish there was a hardcore WWIII game. Nobody mention Bravo Romeo Ugly Mapo, thanks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Yeah, the music is really good, adds to the haunting atmosphere. And while the rules are simple, there's a lot of strategic depth.

I have bought the full version, it's only 10$ on Steam.

I have been watching a few FailCon vides from SA's LP series, with TS, and its hilarious because one of their players is a backstabber spectacular who enjoys nuking Madagascar. :lol: 

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 12:17:16 PM
creepy fun.  :)

I just wish there was a hardcore WWIII game. Nobody mention Bravo Romeo Ugly Mapo, thanks.

You know, I thought you'd like it as soon as you saw that you could nuke the shit out of Russians and Euroweenies in that game.  :cool:

The map is a very intentional shootout to WORP's map in WarGames.

Seen

Ill play :)

And two demos can join in right?

Habbaku

I'll play if the time is right.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 09, 2011, 02:55:06 PM
I have been watching a few FailCon vides from SA's LP series

Link?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 09, 2011, 06:36:00 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 09, 2011, 02:55:06 PM
I have been watching a few FailCon vides from SA's LP series

Link?

This is all I see (includes link to the original SA thread) http://lparchive.org/DefCon/

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2011, 08:54:30 AM
Downloaded the demo last night. Pretty fun.

Kind of creepy though.

I had fun with it.  Never played anything beyond the Demo.  It's probably cheap now...

It's 10 bucks, so I bought it.  I pay 8 bucks for a sandwich at Subway.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken