News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gotta keep'em separated

Started by citizen k, June 03, 2011, 12:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2011, 06:31:45 AM
Not really no, but then next to nobody over the age of 18 plays basketball at all, was just joking about the US.

It's rare to see people over, say 24ish, on the courts here either. Not because there's anything childish about the game, just that it's hard on the body, all that leaping and twisting around.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2011, 11:41:39 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2011, 06:31:45 AM
Not really no, but then next to nobody over the age of 18 plays basketball at all, was just joking about the US.

It's rare to see people over, say 24ish, on the courts here either. Not because there's anything childish about the game, just that it's hard on the body, all that leaping and twisting around.

:huh:

I guess that depends on where you live over here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Ok, it's not so much the occasion of spotting one is rare, as that 80-90% of the players will be younger.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2011, 12:21:27 PM
Ok, it's not so much the occasion of spotting one is rare, as that 80-90% of the players will be younger.

I spent a good deal of my childhood in California watch my father and his 30-something friends playing pickup games.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

And when there were people there that weren't part of your dad's group?

I dunno, Californians may take better care of themselves than people in other parts of the country. But it is a really demanding game and I'm starting to understand why my dad never wanted to play it with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on June 04, 2011, 01:57:10 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, are straight softball players better at the game then gay ones?

I think I recall a study saying gaymen, like women, tend to have a worse spatial sense than normal men.

I get lost easily. :unsure:

Razgovory

Yes, but that's because you're stupid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Weak form, and easy target. But all things considered...