News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gotta keep'em separated

Started by citizen k, June 03, 2011, 12:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

How about a whites only basketball league?
Would let white people get a game....

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2011, 01:15:36 AM
Interesting that the article makes is about straight people when the lawsuit wasn't about them...interesting. :rolleyes:
heh, indeed, that is daft.

This is a stupid rule. If straight people want to play for gay teams let them. Or does this league operate on some weird system where the losers must suck off the winners before a grand post-game shower room orgy?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Heh, didn't know there were enough black people in northern England to dominate all the pickup games.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2011, 05:31:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2011, 01:52:11 AM
The problem is, this may be true in New York City, but not necessarily in rural Kentucky.
Why must it always be Kentucky? :rolleyes:

West Virginia is a much more backward state than Kentucky is, FYI. :)

Having lived in both, I have to disagree.  In fact, North Carolina is probably more backward than WV, once you get outside the larger cities.

dps

I'm not sure that I quite understand this part of the article:

QuoteThree men claim in a lawsuit that their team's second-place finish in the 2008 tournament in Washington state was nullified because they are bisexual, not gay, and thus their team exceeded the limit of two non-gay players.

OK, the way that's written, it's saying that the 3 guys are suing to have their own team's accomplishment stricken from the record because they shouldn't have been allowed to play.   :wacko:    That can't be right, can it?  Surely they're claiming that the team that finished 1st was the one that used ineligible players. 

Eddie Teach

Sounds to me like the league wouldn't give them their silver medal or whatever.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

That reminds me, my brother is going to be a bride's maid this weekend at someone's wedding.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 10:11:45 PM
That reminds me, my brother is going to be a bride's maid this weekend at someone's wedding.

Yeah I did that for my sister's wedding.  Bride's dude.

But I made her a Grooms chick in mine to return the favor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2011, 10:23:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 10:11:45 PM

Yeah I did that for my sister's wedding.  Bride's dude.

But I made her a Grooms chick in mine to return the favor.

Well, he's gay so he may dress up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2011, 09:26:24 AM
How do they prove someone is gay, anyway? Are they going to have gayness trials now?

"Sorry, you don't suck enough cock, worship outrageous divas, or know anything about interior design - you are off the team!"

:P

Some US states have laws that prevent gay people from adopting (I'm not talking about gay couples, but gay individuals - while single heteros can adopt). Tell me how they do that.

Incidentally, such law could be very well against the European Convention of Human Rights here - not because it discriminates gays, but because laws cannot be drafted in a way that their enforcement violates people's dignity (for grumbler, Raz and other autistic people: this obviously does not apply to criminal law).

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on June 03, 2011, 01:31:01 PM
Weird. The gay soccer league in New York has a few straight players, and I'm not sure why you wouldn't let them play unless they were gonna swamp the gays.

I don't know. I for one wouldn't mind being swamped by straight soccer players. :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2011, 10:10:10 PM

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on June 03, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, are straight softball players better at the game then gay ones?

I think I recall a study saying gaymen, like women, tend to have a worse spatial sense than normal men.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2011, 01:46:05 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2011, 10:10:10 PM

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

Yeah, that would make sense.

If they are just suing to get the trophy, they might lose simply because the court could rule that a trophy from an amateur sports league has no value, therefore no tort has occured.  I don't think it's likely outcome, but it's possible.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 03, 2011, 07:52:28 PM
Heh, didn't know there were enough black people in northern England to dominate all the pickup games.
Not really no, but then next to nobody over the age of 18 plays basketball at all, was just joking about the US.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2011, 01:42:30 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2011, 09:26:24 AM
How do they prove someone is gay, anyway? Are they going to have gayness trials now?

"Sorry, you don't suck enough cock, worship outrageous divas, or know anything about interior design - you are off the team!"

:P

Some US states have laws that prevent gay people from adopting (I'm not talking about gay couples, but gay individuals - while single heteros can adopt). Tell me how they do that.

Because in several states gays are called "faeries" which are classified under US law as magical spirits.  Under the Changeling Act of 1909 it is illegal to grant guardianship of any person under 21 years of age to members of either the Seelie or Unseelie courts.