News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World Ending Tomorrow

Started by Eddie Teach, May 20, 2011, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 06:24:33 PM
It's reported for October 21st.  Don't plan anything for this week-end.

Last week-end was just the spiritual end of the world. 

Which is inconsistent with the eternity of God.

Preachers tend to be weak on theology . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2011, 07:55:21 AM
  It does not really say what happens to all you heathens but people seem pretty sure it will be really bad shit man.

There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2011, 09:45:46 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 06:24:33 PM
It's reported for October 21st.  Don't plan anything for this week-end.

Last week-end was just the spiritual end of the world. 

Which is inconsistent with the eternity of God.

Preachers tend to be weak on theology . . .

Of course.  They're protestant.  This is why interpretation of the bible should be left to priests.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 25, 2011, 02:39:13 PM
  It does not really say what happens to all you heathens but people seem pretty sure it will be really bad shit man.

There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
So a combo Kleenex salesman and dentist would clean up?  Cool!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

Quote from: Monoriu on May 24, 2011, 10:35:08 PM
I disagree.  Or at least, wikipedia disagrees :contract:

Despite the title of this thread the Rapture is not simply just the world ending.  It is a specific interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17

QuoteFor the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

So all the believers who are dead and those still alive will meet God somewhere in the Troposphere and live with God forever.  It does not really say what happens to all you heathens but people seem pretty sure it will be really bad shit man.

I am sorry that I underestimated their craziness :weep:

Siege

I shall built an awesome army and conquer the hole wold!!!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

So what are you all planning to do now that the real apocalypse is coming tomorrow?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Eat twinkies and oatmeal cakes and die.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 11:41:21 AM
So what are you all planning to do now that the real apocalypse is coming tomorrow?

Liquorish, PepsiMaX and the FM2012 demo.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 11:41:21 AM

Smile.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

You don't get out of this world alive.   :glare:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I look forward to another zany explanation from Camping about why the apocalypse didn't happen. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2011, 09:13:36 PM
I look forward to another zany explanation from Camping about why the apocalypse didn't happen. :)

The guy had a heart attack or stroke or something like that the last time.  So, it may end for him soon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Anyway, I thought that no man could know the hour etc.  Or is that not in the Protestant Bibles?

MadImmortalMan

So what time are we all going to die again?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers