News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

U.S. plans for Mexico border violence

Started by jimmy olsen, March 12, 2009, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on April 16, 2009, 02:54:32 PM
The US sending them a "care package" won't accomplish anything other than feeling warm and fuzzy.

If that was what you thought I was saying you are an idiot.

All measures must be taken to destroy the drug cartells and control the border, that includes helping the Mexican military destroy the Drug cartels and bring order to their side of the border.  I have no idea what alternative you present than sitting around doing jack shit and using your hatred for Mexico as an excuse to do nothing.

QuoteAnd I would say it's your crowd that has screwed up the border situation.

My crowd which has been ignored in favor of doing nothing?  Yes we are totally responsible.  Your excuse making has been really effective so far.

QuoteElite Mexican Units firing on US Border Patrol and other such incidents are examples of why sending aid, equipment, and advisers is pointless. Those resources are better used in the US if the Mexicans are unwilling to accept that their lack of border security is a major part of the problem.

Why should they accept their border security is a major part of the problem when we don't?  I think sending the army to take control of the border area is a pretty big step don't you?  How the fuck do YOU want them to take responsibility?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 02:57:32 PM
Quote from: Strix on April 16, 2009, 02:54:32 PM
The US sending them a "care package" won't accomplish anything other than feeling warm and fuzzy.

If that was what you thought I was saying you are an idiot and beneath my contempt.

All measures must be taken to destroy the drug cartells and control the border, that includes helping the Mexican military destroy the Drug cartels and bring order to their side of the border.  I have no idea what alternative you present than sitting around doing jack shit and using your hatred for Mexico as an excuse to do nothing.

QuoteAnd I would say it's your crowd that has screwed up the border situation.

My crowd which has been ignored in favor of doing nothing?  Yes we are totally responsible.  Your excuse making has been really effective so far.

That you think I hate Mexico shows just how ignorant you are as a person.

Sadly enough you repeat your ignorance by stating that I suggest we sit around and do nothing. First you supposedly know all my views on the border than you supposedly don't know any of them? Which is it?

I am all for helping Mexico fight their cartel issue. I am not all for giving them free aid, supplies, equipment, and advisers without some compromise on their side. Especially to their military which has been implicated in helping the cartels along the border and in the governmental corruption issues.

Mexico has a better chance of turning out like Vietnam and Cuba than Columbia at this point. Supporting and propping up a corrupt and ineffective government without assurances and safeguards will only place the US in a worse position if a coup or civil war eventually takes place.

It's a smarter and more strategic plan for the US to address closing and policing our side of the border and waiting for Mexico to provide proof that they are willing to address their corruption problems and other issues by being a partner with the US in resolving these issues.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 02:57:32 PM
Why should they accept their border security is a major part of the problem when we don't?  I think sending the army to take control of the border area is a pretty big step don't you?  How the fuck do YOU want them to take responsibility?

Except that elements of Mexican military have also been helping the cartels to smuggle stuff into the US.  And some of the drug cartels "private" armies are made up of ex-Mexican and ex-US military especially ex-special forces. It's bad enough that we trained a lot of them it makes no sense to offer to train more. And that the drug cartels have some serious weapons that have no doubt been purchased from elements of the Mexican military.

I expect them to take responsibility by owning up to their issues and taking steps to address their corruption. Failure to do so will only endanger innocent Mexican and American lives if we offer them better weapons and advisers on how to use them.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

I guess we just need to annex Mexico and help out our little brown brothers.  It is the: white man's burden  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 03:29:47 PM
I guess we just need to annex Mexico and help out our little brown brothers.  It is the: white man's burden  :(

We're increasingly the brown man.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.