News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

U.S. plans for Mexico border violence

Started by jimmy olsen, March 12, 2009, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuotePresident Barack Obama has promised to do more to stop gun trafficking from the United States to Mexico. He has pledged to dispatch nearly 500 more federal agents to the border, along with X-ray machines and drug-sniffing dogs.

You better be doing more than that Mr. President.  We need to destroy those criminal gangs.  We should be sending money and weapons and advisors and anything else the Mexican Army needs.  Their war is our war.  We are all Mexicans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 14, 2009, 11:34:10 PM
:yeahright:  Elaborate.

Phoenix is generic and dreary endless suburban hell with all of the personality and colorfulness of a Starbucks?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 14, 2009, 11:34:10 PM
:yeahright:  Elaborate.

Phoenix is generic and dreary endless suburban hell with all of the personality and colorfulness of a Starbucks?

Then shouldn't one wish for good things to happen to Phoenix so it improves, rather than wish for bad things that will make it worse?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2009, 03:58:27 PM
Then shouldn't one wish for good things to happen to Phoenix so it improves, rather than wish for bad things that will make it worse?

Yes.  I was just explaining what I assumed MP was getting at.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 15, 2009, 03:58:27 PM

If things get too bad it burns down and then rises from its ashes. 

We've been trying that strategy in Detroit for some time now.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:34:57 PM
You better be doing more than that Mr. President.  We need to destroy those criminal gangs.  We should be sending money and weapons and advisors and anything else the Mexican Army needs.  Their war is our war.  We are all Mexicans.

That has fail written all over it. And the Republicans would win in 2012 when it comes out that the cartels are waging a war against our border forces using money, weapons, and US trained Mexican forces we so thoughtfully provided.

Propping up a corrupt country and system seldom works.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:34:57 PM

Instead, he's going to take a trip to Mexico to show solidarity! :swiss:

QuoteObama off to Mexico to show solidarity in drug war
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on April 15, 2009, 07:32:20 PM
That has fail written all over it. And the Republicans would win in 2012 when it comes out that the cartels are waging a war against our border forces using money, weapons, and US trained Mexican forces we so thoughtfully provided.

Yet it worked in Columbia.  So we are supposed to ask Mexico to clean up the border and give them no support?  That has fail written all over it.  People with moronic opinions like yours is why that region is fucked up to begin with.  Then you come cry to us about illegal immigration and border security.  Fuck you sir.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2009, 12:12:15 PM
Instead, he's going to take a trip to Mexico to show solidarity! :swiss:

Lame.  Photo ops with the Mexican President are all we usually do.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 12:16:17 PM

Yet it worked in Columbia.  So we are supposed to ask Mexico to clean up the border and give them no support?  That has fail written all over it.  People with moronic opinions like yours is why that region is fucked up to begin with.  Then you come cry to us about illegal immigration and border security.  Fuck you sir.

No need to sugarcoat it Valmy, tell us what you really think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

I agree with Valmy. Mexico may very well be the new Colombia. Or at least Colombia is looking like a Latin American success story compared to most of the rest of the hemisphere below the Rio Grande.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Liquidate the population of the border areas, form expeditions to sack and loot the interior.

problem solved.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 02:24:21 PM
Liquidate the population of the border areas, form expeditions to sack and loot the interior.

problem solved.

Thats your solution to everything.

It didn't work for the neighbor's kids on your lawn, and it won't work for Mexico. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 16, 2009, 02:25:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 02:24:21 PM

problem solved.

Thats your solution to everything.

It didn't work for the neighbor's kids on your lawn, and it won't work for Mexico. :rolleyes:

I have access to wooded areas. It works.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 12:16:17 PM

The Mexican government is unwilling to take ownership for the position it has placed itself in. The US sending them a "care package" won't accomplish anything other than feeling warm and fuzzy.  If the US wants to help Mexico and the Mexicans are serious than the first major step is helping the US close the border down to illegal traffic.

Elite Mexican Units firing on US Border Patrol and other such incidents are examples of why sending aid, equipment, and advisers is pointless. Those resources are better used in the US if the Mexicans are unwilling to accept that their lack of border security is a major part of the problem.

And I would say it's your crowd that has screwed up the border situation.  :lmfao:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher