News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Playoffs

Started by Admiral Yi, May 14, 2011, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on May 14, 2011, 10:29:40 PM
Oh Tim.  Always trying to defend some douchebag.  Bryant's not even a man, so how can he be The Man?
I didn't say he's a good person, he's not. Being a bad person does not prevent you from being good at basketball.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Tim Duncan: The Man. 

Kobe Bryant:  Not The Man. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 15, 2011, 12:00:25 AM
Tim Duncan: The Man. 

Kobe Bryant:  Not The Man.
Tim Duncan is also an all time great, but he doesn't seem to have much of a personality.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
Tim Duncan is also an all time great, but he doesn't seem to have much of a personality.

Well he doesn't go around raping people and just generally being a huge fucking douche, but yeah, he has a personality.  He's really nerdy, actually.  Heh.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 14, 2011, 03:09:18 PM
Too early still?  :unsure:

Or too late, they're already almost at the Conference finals stage.

The West is weird this year, Dallas has a real chance to make it to the finals again, the Lakers choke like bitches and the semifinal between Oklahoma and Memphis is being outstanding.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 15, 2011, 12:20:01 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 12:15:38 AM

Well he doesn't go around raping people and just generally being a huge fucking douche, but yeah, he has a personality.  He's really nerdy, actually.  Heh.
Most players with personality are at least confrontational if not  jerks. Jordan, Bird, Barkley they were all jerks. The only nice guy I can think of with a really forceful personality is Magic.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Magic was a philanderer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 15, 2011, 05:41:16 AM
Magic was a philanderer.
That says something about his morals, not his personality.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Len Bias is still dead.

Alcibiades

Bulls are doing really well.  Lot of excitement here.  Rose is playing extremely well in the playoffs, and I hate the Heat with Lebron now, so nothing would make me happier than to see their championship dreams crushed.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 05:34:55 AM
The only nice guy I can think of with a really forceful personality is Magic.

Magic was just a big of a douche as the other guys when he was playing Basketball.  He supposedly invented the persona Magic so he could be a jerk and then transition back to Earvin when he was not playing.  At least according to him but Magic loves talking about himself so who knows?

Larry Bird seems like a pretty decent dude to me.  I mean not dealing with anything related to Basketball of course but I was pretty touched by how much he reached out when Magic got HIV.  He didn't have to do that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2011, 05:34:55 AM
Most players with personality are at least confrontational if not  jerks. Jordan, Bird, Barkley they were all jerks. The only nice guy I can think of with a really forceful personality is Magic.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the fact that Tim Duncan is both an incredibly good basketball player and not an asshole.  vOv

CountDeMoney

Charles Barkley wants you all to fuck off.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Len Bias is still dead.

:(

Then Reggie Lewis drops dead and the Celtics turn to shit. I blame Tim.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2011, 06:43:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Len Bias is still dead.

:(

Then Reggie Lewis drops dead and the Celtics turn to shit. I blame Tim.

:yes: