News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking old crusty white people get in my face

Started by Scipio, May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 03:14:26 PM
On the other hand, the expectation that you're not going to face a dog with a history of violence towards humans when you visit your lawyer does strike me as reasonable to some degree.

Really, how would they know the difference between that, and the lawyer?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Scipio

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 02:59:56 PM
So, when you're in, that door is wide open, and when you're out, it's closed in an obvious way?
Yes.

Also, my office doesn't have a sign.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 03:20:02 PM
So, when you're in, that door is wide open, and when you're out, it's closed in an obvious way?
Yes.

If you see a closed door, do you assume that someone is not home, or do you assume that you need to ring the doorbell?

Ideologue

Yes.

You should probably consider getting a sign.

A $50 shirt isn't really that cheap, either.  Also, curious if you send it with a letter indicating that acceptance of the funds was a waiver of rights, with language that they should consult your own attorney before depositing, etc (although I'm not sure that would be effective, I think it would be).  I do assume, of course, these people had not retained their own attorney by then.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

You've chosen to run a business out of your home.  In practice, people are going to assume that you're always available for business purposes.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 03:33:16 PM
Yes.

A $50 shirt isn't really that cheap, either.  Also, curious if you send it with a letter indicating that acceptance of the funds was a waiver of rights, with language that they should consult your own attorney before depositing, etc (although I'm not sure that would be effective, I think it would be).  I do assume, of course, these people had not retained their own attorney by then.

I assume he meant that there was no way the shirt was worth $50, but that's what he was giving him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2011, 12:12:07 PM
The dog could sense evil slargos. Sadly didn't finish the job.

Sadly you didn't die on your way across the border.  :hug:

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2011, 04:45:07 PM
Scip, you know you're wrong.

Well, it is in Mississippi.  A dog barking may carry legal power in that state.

We once had a complaint about the our dog attacking someone while the dog was tied up in the backyard.  We couldn't put that dog down fast enough.  I hated that dog. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2011, 04:47:31 PM

Being born here makes that kinda difficult.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2011, 03:33:16 PM
Yes.

I assume he meant that there was no way the shirt was worth $50, but that's what he was giving him.

Fair enough.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2011, 05:40:40 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2011, 04:47:31 PM

Being born here makes that kinda difficult.

Maybe he meant the Canadian border.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Scipio

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2011, 04:45:07 PM
Scip, you know you're wrong.
No, I'm not.  They had no business being on my property.  They were not my clients; it was after business hours.  They can fuck off and die in a fire.

Let me be clear: my dog is well trained.  He knows exactly how far he can go towards the sidewalk before the electric fence shocks him.  He stays well back of that.

Regardless, I apologized to the lady, and in the letter, I apologized to her and her husband again.  But when she starts chewing my ass in public about what a piss-poor attorney I am for her friend, which is none of her fucking business, she and her husband can go fuck off and die in a fire.

And since I'm firing the client, they can hire her a new attorney, too.  And fuck all three of them with a rusty spoon.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Razgovory

Scipio

Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2011, 06:26:32 PM
You are firing your client?

Yeah, I'm not a doctor.

But hell, in Mississippi, doctors and public hospitals can refuse to treat patients in non-emergency situations.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt