News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking old crusty white people get in my face

Started by Scipio, May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

How far after hours was this?  Was it like 5:02pm or something more like 2:30am?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

What are your working hours, Scip? :hmm:  Do you work work most of the day, or do you "work" most of the day like the Colonel? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2011, 01:12:41 PM
What are your working hours, Scip? :hmm:  Do you work work most of the day, or do you "work" most of the day like the Colonel? :)

"My visiting hours are 1:00 -2:00 PM, alternate Thursdays. Other times, I release the hounds."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Scipio

My office is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mon through Fri.  Whenever I am not in my office, my dogs are outside.  It's very obvious when I am not in my office.

The dogs are contained behind an electric in-ground fence.  The city makes it almost impossible for me to have an actual fence (months-long permitting process and discretionary shut-down by the city if not compatible with the historical character of the neighborhood).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 01:23:02 PM
My office is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mon through Fri.  Whenever I am not in my office, my dogs are outside. 

So what happens when you are off to court during office hours, people enter at their own risk?

Seems to me if you are running a business out of your home you should have the expectation that "office hours" will not always be strictly observed and you need to govern yourself accordingly.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2011, 01:27:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 01:24:55 PM
Very obvious in what way?

The man-eating hounds were the first clue ...  ;)

I thought it was the alarm that goes "woof woof woof".

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2011, 12:31:42 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
He may not have a sign but he has an audible warning to that effect.  It goes "woof woof woof".

Seems like a waste with those dogs around.

I just spilled my coffee, thanks.  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Scipio

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 01:24:55 PM
Very obvious in what way?
Steel security door with vertical bars.

I have no secretary, etc.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

DGuller

So, when you're in, that door is wide open, and when you're out, it's closed in an obvious way?

Monoriu

I think a pissed off client maybe quite inclined to spread the word around and discourage potential clients from doing business with you.  Think about the loss of potential business... :ph34r:

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on May 12, 2011, 02:59:56 PM
So, when you're in, that door is wide open, and when you're out, it's closed in an obvious way?

I submit, your honour, that on the day in question the door was not closed in an obvious way.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Scipio does seem to be demanding of the people who put food on his table.  He expects them to read the dog's mind, to read the door's mind, and to properly deduce at which time during the day they're not trespassing.  The sum total of these expectations might be a little unreasonable. 

On the other hand, the expectation that you're not going to face a dog with a history of violence towards humans when you visit your lawyer does strike me as reasonable to some degree.

Ed Anger

I would have shot the fucker. I support Scip in having people mauled.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive