News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking old crusty white people get in my face

Started by Scipio, May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

So, yesterday, after hours, my guard dog, Ozzy, apparently bit someone who was delivering some paperwork from a client to my office.  The people admitted that they entered onto the property, while my dogs were on the lawn and barking at them.  My dog tore the guys shirt.  Now, my dog has torn exactly 3 pieces of clothing, and they were all on large men who were ignoring his warning bark.  Mostly, he just jumps up on people.

The man was not injured.  His wife called animal control, and they cited me.  Then, the wife showed up this morning and cussed me out on the street (she was afraid of my other dog, Birdie, who will lick you to death), and complained about my representation of her friend, and how I was a worthless attorney.  I have filed motions today to withdraw from representing this client.  I am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

Fucking amateurs.  They fucked with the wrong Marine.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

HisMajestyBOB

You should write them a contract stating that, should they enter your property, they willfully agree to become food for your dogs, and by opening your letter, they agree to its terms.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Slargos

Hilarious how dog owners think people should actively work to accommodate their violent and loud pets.

"Oh, he doesn't bite"

"Oh, he's just very excited"

I still have a scar from age 6 when I was bitten in the forehead by a huge and "excited" lab who "just wanted to say hello".

katmai

The dog could sense evil slargos. Sadly didn't finish the job.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 12:02:58 PM
So, yesterday, after hours, my guard dog, Ozzy, apparently bit someone who was delivering some paperwork from a client to my office.  The people admitted that they entered onto the property, while my dogs were on the lawn and barking at them.  My dog tore the guys shirt.  Now, my dog has torn exactly 3 pieces of clothing, and they were all on large men who were ignoring his warning bark.  Mostly, he just jumps up on people.

The man was not injured.  His wife called animal control, and they cited me.  Then, the wife showed up this morning and cussed me out on the street (she was afraid of my other dog, Birdie, who will lick you to death), and complained about my representation of her friend, and how I was a worthless attorney.  I have filed motions today to withdraw from representing this client.  I am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

Fucking amateurs.  They fucked with the wrong Marine.

I dunno dude - you run a business at your home, and you implicitly invite the public to come on to your property to drop off documents.  I think it's your responsibility to ensure that your animals will not harass or bother your clients.

But I think you already know that.

(and I'm speaking as a dog owner - hell someone who even received a "vicious dog" warning from the city :rolleyes:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

After five o'clock, unless you have an appointment, you're a trespasser.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Barrister

Quote from: Scipio on May 12, 2011, 12:25:55 PM
After five o'clock, unless you have an appointment, you're a trespasser.

Do you have a sign to that effect?  Otherwise I think the implied invitation to enter still applies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

He may not have a sign but he has an audible warning to that effect.  It goes "woof woof woof".
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
He may not have a sign but he has an audible warning to that effect.  It goes "woof woof woof".

Seems like a waste with those dogs around.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

QuoteI am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

Endearing yourself with your constituents for a future judge run, I see.  :P

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on May 12, 2011, 12:36:36 PM
QuoteI am sending the man and his wife a $50.00 check for his cheap-ass JC Penney shirt, via certified mail, with a letter stating that they are not welcome on my property any more, and that the next time they enter onto it I will charge them with willful trespass.

:lol: No shit.

Sorry, Scips, but you are totally in the fucking wrong here, as I see it.  You need to get rid of, train, or restrain the dogs, or else not run a business out of your home.  It is called professionalism.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

They bought their tickets, they knew the risks.  I say, let 'em crash!
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

Quote from: grumbler on May 12, 2011, 12:48:12 PM

:lol: No shit.

Sorry, Scips, but you are totally in the fucking wrong here, as I see it.  You need to get rid of, train, or restrain the dogs, or else not run a business out of your home.  It is called professionalism.
What part of after hours do you people not understand?
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt