News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Judas

Started by Grallon, May 06, 2011, 06:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Some people seem to like that sort of thing.  Grallon isn't Martinus, and so doesn't fall into the same 'it's gay and so therefore good' trap.  He's just got pedestrian tastes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: The Brain on May 28, 2011, 08:14:25 AM
Catchy? I will never understand the gay mind.

:lol:  It's the drama - her entire musical corpus is suffused with it. 

That's why it was love at first sight when I stumbled upon 'Judas'.  In that clip she appears as Mary-Magdalene but more importantly as consort of Jesus - therefore his equal.  When I say 'she's a goddess' I mean it - she's playing with religious symbolism, weaving it about herself with maestria.  Where Madonna criticized religion - therefore appearing subversive - Gaga embraces it - therefore attempting to transcend the role of mere pop icon.

She's making herself both the Idol to be worshiped and the High Priestess of that new cult ( the Mother Monster ethos, the Gaga hook repeated like a mantra in most of her songs, the steaming sexuality laced in ).  All of it teems with pagan vibes.

Is it conscious on her part?  I don't know but I think it's fascinating to watch.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

garbon

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2011, 08:32:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08KonZiew4

Sounds like this album will be good for forgettable dance tracks.  Will I be purchasing next week? But of course. :lol:

Revised position : a do not buy (/I haven't bought it)

From what I've heard of the tracks on e-bay youtube, she seems to have lost the sense of pop and gone on to create these elaborately constructed, not fun "art" tracks. Crap. :(

*edit: don't know where my head was at when I wrote e-bay :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Yeah the whole record is a snorefest. Catchy? Anything but.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zoupa

I just clicked the link in the OP.

That was just terrible. Couldn't get past 45 seconds, tops. Who cares about the video when the music is shit and hurts your ears.

johnbriner

She's on again! Her videos were all done in a perfect way, I mean nice prod! She's really into making music videos, that's why when Lady Gaga, it is her videos I can imagine!

Jacob

A signature spam-bot?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grallon on May 28, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
In that clip she appears as Mary-Magdalene but more importantly as consort of Jesus - therefore his equal.

Consorts, like apostles, are not equals. 

QuoteWhen I say 'she's a goddess' I mean it - she's playing with religious symbolism, weaving it about herself with maestria.  Where Madonna criticized religion - therefore appearing subversive - Gaga embraces it - therefore attempting to transcend the role of mere pop icon.

Your analysis is as misguided as your politics.

CountDeMoney

jamesww

I saw her on the Graham Norton show, and the somewhat gay leaning audience went mental for here, even before she'd done, sung or said anything. :yawn:

Grallon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2011, 03:04:23 PM

Your analysis is as misguided as your politics.

:lol: My analysis is right on cue.

You really should listen to 'Bloody Mary' - it's even better than 'Judas'.  All the tracks of the album have now been released in audio clips.  I can't wait to see her next video clip. *squee*  :P

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: jamesww on May 30, 2011, 03:27:27 PM
I saw her on the Graham Norton show, and the somewhat gay leaning audience went mental for here, even before she'd done, sung or said anything. :yawn:

Omg, some excitable audience members got excited. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jamesww

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2011, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: jamesww on May 30, 2011, 03:27:27 PM

Omg, some excitable audience members got excited. :o

We're talking about  :bowler: audiences.  ;)