[Canadian Election Results] Harper vs Iggy vs the 'stache

Started by Barrister, May 02, 2011, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

So I think the Maritimes are going to be closing in an hour or two - thought I'd open up a thread to discuss the results tonight.  Rememebr kids - be cool and edgy by breaking Elections Canada's rules right here!

And for kicks I'm going to post some election results.  I steal my moto from TMQ - all results guaranteed correct or money refunded.

Conservatives: 143
Liberals: 64
NDP: 68
Bloc: 32
Green: 0
Independent: 1
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2011, 04:44:55 PM
What sites are you looking at for online coverage?

I'm trying to find some.

and hoping people here can give some links.

Once the main election results are released, I'll probably stick with CBC.  Though I kind of want to check out Sun TV for a bit. :lol:

crazy canuck

I must remind you that polls do not close here in B.C. until 7 p.m. Pacific.  If you post any results here before that time you will be in violation of the Elections Act and poor BB will have to report himself for assisting, nay encouraging, people to violate the law.

For BB's sake wait until polls close.

Jacob

How about links to where such despicable activities are taking place? Are they also in violation of the act?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maximus

Can a provincial prosecutor prosecute for a violation of federal law?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 02, 2011, 05:03:29 PM
How about links to where such despicable activities are taking place? Are they also in violation of the act?

So we can make sure not to visit them, even by accident. :yes:

And I'm no longer a Federal prosecutor, so I wouldn't be responsible for prosecuting charges under the federal Elections Act. :shifty:

Edit: Maximus knows the score.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

If I was a dick, I'd post results tonight. WHAT CAN YOU FUCKS DO TO ME? NOTHING! HAHAHA.

Ahem.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Not sure.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 05:09:40 PM

So we can make sure not to visit them, even by accident. :yes:

And I'm no longer a Federal prosecutor, so I wouldn't be responsible for prosecuting charges under the federal Elections Act. :shifty:

Edit: Maximus knows the score.
but you can pass the info along to your old federal buddies. easy convictioons to pad the stats :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 02, 2011, 05:09:40 PM

Even Canadians who are not Federal prosecutors are bound by Federal Election Laws.

Maximus

But are they required to report violations?

Anyway, back on topic. News the last few weeks has me wishing I had gotten an absentee ballot.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on May 02, 2011, 05:16:01 PM
But are they required to report violations?

Anyway, back on topic. News the last few weeks has me wishing I had gotten an absentee ballot.

I'm curious - which news was that?