The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Can we hold the Presidential election right now?  I am feeling rather DGuller-ish about Obama right now.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Just saw the speech.  I was expecting a predator drone.  This sounds like an Operation Spring of Youth thing.  I'll be damned!  Now all that is left is Obama to tie his body to the rear of his chariot and circle Islamabad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

I bet Petraeus is really pissed that he didn't get to order the CIA operation.
EDIT: Though the news is unclear whether it was CIA, military, or both.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2011, 10:52:57 PM
Just saw the speech.  I was expecting a predator drone.  This sounds like an Operation Spring of Youth thing.  I'll be damned!  Now all that is left is Obama to tie his body to the rear of his chariot and circle Islamabad.

I was thinking it was a pity Obama did not get him alive.  Then he could have marched him behind his gilded chariot during his Triumph.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2011, 10:54:48 PM

I was thinking it was a pity Obama did not get him alive.  Then he could have marched him behind his gilded chariot during his Triumph.

I think the fact that they didn't use a bomb and used raid indicates that Obama actually hoped to capture the man alive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

stjaba

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2011, 10:57:05 PM

I think the fact that they didn't use a bomb and used raid indicates that Obama actually hoped to capture the man alive.

I wonder if there's any chance Osama took himself out? Supposedly he was shot in the head, and supposedly there was a firefight.

Siege

Fuck man, now I'm not gonna be able to kill the faggot myself.
And the whole war on terror might be over.
This is not good news.
The dems are gonna pull the plug and not finish the job.
There are plenty of bad guys still left out there.
We need to get the all.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Sophie Scholl

Poor choice by Obama throwing around God so much at the end of the speech in my opinion.  Nothing makes Muslims happier than having religious grounds to be pissy.  Of course the far right here will think he was talking about Allah anyway, but...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2011, 10:57:05 PM

Or maybe he just wanted him really dead and be really sure.

HVC

so, everybody sure it's not a body double or something?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: HVC on May 01, 2011, 11:06:29 PM
Apparently he was offed a week ago and they've been doing DNA testing in the meantime to confirm.  The Donald still does not believe and demands a death certificate.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: HVC on May 01, 2011, 11:06:29 PM

I don't think they would have made such an announcement without checking silly porkchop
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Rex Francorum

It is a nice symbol, to have put the hands on ben Laden but it won't change much on a day-to-day basis. Still, a nice coup.
To rent