The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

This could also explain Obama feeling so cocky at the Washington Correspondent Dinner. He knew this was in the pipeline so he could score some points off the joke that Trump is.

Jacob

Good for Obama, for the people who planned and carried out the operation, for America and pretty much everyone else too. Certainly a great propaganda victory. Hopefully this will put a bit of a dent in Al Qaeda.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2011, 10:00:50 PM
Anybody want to buy a slightly used copy of GMT's Labyrinth?

You can kill Osama in that game :P

Tamas

Quote from: Fireblade on May 01, 2011, 10:09:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2011, 10:00:50 PM
Anybody want to buy a slightly used copy of GMT's Labyrinth?

lol Tamas is so pathetic. The other day, he was like :cry: PLAY LABYRINTH WITH ME FB. Naturally, I refused because I don't want to play with that fucking cheater and I have real shit to do. The next day, he's telling me all about his solitare game where he cheated so that the US could win.

:lol: you are so full of shit

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on May 02, 2011, 01:34:40 AM
This could also explain Obama feeling so cocky at the Washington Correspondent Dinner. He knew this was in the pipeline so he could score some points off the joke that Trump is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Richard Hakluyt

Martinus

Seriously, though, is this going to boost Obama's popularity enough to secure him the 2012 re-election without serious competition?

I had an impression that American public's focus has moved from the war on terror to the state of economy/healthcare/whatnot lately, but the amount of cheering about this seems to suggest otherwise.

Is this to Obama what 911 was to Bush?

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Martinus

I gotta say that American government provides better entertainment for its people.

In the UK it was the royal wedding. In Vatican/Poland/other catho-lands it was the beatification of John Paul II. And in the US it's shooting down Obama.

America is like HBO compared to other nations' ABC.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

The West is killing the wrong set of Taliban leaders. Their main base is in Islamabad. Still, great job. :cheers:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA