The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Some details from MSNBC on the raid:

* One chopper from the strike went down, they destroyed it immediately to cover up
* Approx 40 Spec Ops involved raiding the compound
* The compound was 8 times larger than the other residences in the area, a massive place in a well-heeled area
* Osama's adult son and two of his most trusted couriers were also killed at the outset
* an unidentified female was used as a human shield by an OBL henchman, both got whacked
* OBL was returning fire, capped in the motherfucking HEDSHOTZ
* Pakistanis weren't told shit until it was all over

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2011, 11:52:03 PM
Ha, we didn't tell the Pakistanis shit!

I bet we've had him in our sights before, told the Pakistanis, and he got away.  :osama:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2011, 11:52:45 PM
Some details from MSNBC on the raid:

* Pakistanis weren't told shit until it was all over

This was probably a good choice.  If we told our loyal allies I imagine Mr. Bin Laden would have mysteriously gotten away.  Hopefully they got some people alive so we can find out what the fucker's been doing all this time.  I'd be interested to know what sort of connections he had with Pakistani intelligence.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

starbright

Wow, that was unexpected. I thought he was dead already and his supporters covered it up.

LaCroix

Quote from: starbright on May 02, 2011, 12:25:30 AM
Wow, that was unexpected. I thought he was dead already and his supporters covered it up.

don't worry, there are enough conspiracies to go around. the latest appears to be that he died last week, and obama decided to (i guess) wait until he could really stick it to bush

other information that aroused suspicion regarding his whereabouts:

- the compound burned its trash rather than let the city collect it
- it had no phone or internet service

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Fuckers! :ultra:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698#video
Quote0714:  Syed Riaz Hussain in Abbottabad, writes: "Last night, at around 0100, there was heavy gunfire about 300 metres from our house, which was followed by a huge blast. There was little in terms of military activity during the day to suggest something even remotely close to what happened. The exact spot where this incident took place, is a stone's throw from the Pakistan Military Academy, Pakistan's equivalent of West Point."

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Martinus

How lame of Obama to release this just to steal the limelight from the British royal wedding and John Paul II huge ass "making a saint" ceremony.  :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I wonder which of the three is money better spent.  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2011, 11:57:36 PM
:cool:

Osama, Obama. Hmm... maybe there *is* a reason why he got the birth certificate only after tracking down Osama.  :hmm: