The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I hope Obama can leverage this into something functional - like use it to drum up more US support for the Arab Spring uprisings.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on May 02, 2011, 07:32:45 AM
I want to see a picture of his carcass. Plus, they should have had him stuffed and mounted in the Oval office, not thrown to the sharks.
Yeah, seriously... if McCain had been elected he would have walked into that briefing holding Osama's head like Perseus and Medusa in Clash of the Titans.  Then it'd be mounted on a pike in front of the White House. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

C.C.R.

Cool -- I got home from work last night, showered & ate then went straight to bed with a movie, so reading this thread this morning is the first I've seen of Osama's demise.  My only regret is that he went down fighting instead of being taken out unawares while on the crapper or something else humiliating along those lines...

MadBurgerMaker

"Buried at sea" eh?  Yeah, they tossed him over the side with the leftovers of that morning's breakfast and the cigarette butts from the fire cans.  Go Navy.

Zeus

It kinda sounds like a ploy. Not sure I believe it, and skepticism isn't my shtick :hmm:
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Valmy

Quote from: Zeus on May 02, 2011, 08:18:07 AM
It kinda sounds like a ploy. Not sure I believe it, and skepticism isn't my shtick :hmm:

It is about as real as the moon landing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Quote from: C.C.R. on May 02, 2011, 07:48:39 AM
Cool -- I got home from work last night, showered & ate then went straight to bed with a movie, so reading this thread this morning is the first I've seen of Osama's demise.  My only regret is that he went down fighting instead of being taken out unawares while on the crapper or something else humiliating along those lines...

"Bullet to the side of the head."

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he was executed.

On a side note, twitter of some guy that lives in abattabad or what ever.  Sort of play by play starting 18 hours ago.

http://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

Doesn't sound like the Pakistanis were in on it to me. 

P.s. I hate twitter.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Faeelin

I went down to Ground Zero to see what was going on. I wish I'd had miniature American flags to sell :(

The Brain

:( RIP Augusto.

He was wanted dead or alive and he was shot down in a blaze of glory. While he did give Islam a bad name he was our little runaway for 10 years.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

KRonn

I found out this morning; I wasn't watching or listening to any news last night. Thanks and grats to all those hunting down this nasty thug, and his kind, for the last many years. Lots of hard work and risks taken. Islamic radicalism isn't over because of this, but one despicable figure head is down for a big symbolic victory.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2011, 10:27:24 PM
Quote from: Count on May 01, 2011, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2011, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: Count on May 01, 2011, 10:18:55 PM
what a day. First I see Fast Five and now this.  :showoff:

WHAT THE FUCK

great action, hot women, hilarious acting and dialogue.

spoiler alert: they need to bring the team together for one last job

Fuck you.  Those movies are the worst thing for the classic musclecar market with every one they destroy.  Fuck Vin.

It was a terrible, terrible movie. Pissed that my sister made me see it for her birthday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Faeelin on May 02, 2011, 08:29:09 AM
I went down to Ground Zero to see what was going on. I wish I'd had miniature American flags to sell :(

You could've offered abortions.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

KRonn

OBL had a huge walled in compound in a city, near an army base? So, apparently he must have had some Pakistani support and help in keeping it all under wraps. It's like he was under Pakistani protection with that ostentatious, but out of place, fortified villa. Well, no surprise, I guess.