News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Party!

Started by Savonarola, April 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 03:40:17 PM
Right now, Keith Olbermann is shaking his tiny, impotent fists and cursing God over these tea parties.

Well at least something good came from all of this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Why is he angry about them?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on April 16, 2009, 03:41:23 PM
Why is he angry about them?

Because Fox News likes them. And the allies of the Bushitler like them. Watching MSNBC is hilarious. Somebody is going to stroke out on air.

And I will masturbate to that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Man I am cynical.  I have no idea why I am responding this way to the protests since, theoretically, I agree with what they are saying (besides the Obama = Stalinhitler stuff).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 03:45:19 PM
Man I am cynical.  I have no idea why I am responding this way to the protests since, theoretically, I agree with what they are saying (besides the Obama = Stalinhitler stuff).

Stand back, and enjoy the fun. Don't worry, and laugh at everybody.  :cool:

Sheilbh

Quote from: fahdiz on April 16, 2009, 03:33:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 16, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
Interesting.  You think protesting the expansion of government is populism?

It definitely can be.
Yeah.  I think populism is often rage at the establishment rather than any coherent political programme.  Indeed I sort-of think that populism has to be slightly incoherent.  Though I'm not sure.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 03:45:19 PM
Didn't Obama actually lower taxes for 95% of Americans?

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 03:48:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Getting upset over the folly of mankind won't get you anything but ulcers.  It's much better to laugh at it.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on April 16, 2009, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 03:48:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Getting upset over the folly of mankind won't get you anything but ulcers.  It's much better to laugh at it.

We are all just dust in the wind.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 16, 2009, 03:51:49 PM
Yeah.  I think populism is often rage at the establishment rather than any coherent political programme.  Indeed I sort-of think that populism has to be slightly incoherent.  Though I'm not sure.

Yep

Martinus

Speaking of which, why is it that Americans are so averse to taxes? It seems that many people dislike the very idea of taxation, notwithstanding how high they are.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 03:58:35 PM
Didn't Obama actually lower taxes for 95% of Americans?

If he has not already part of his stimulis strategy is to lower taxes...but I have my doubts this is a good idea with the budget situation being what it is.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 04:00:27 PM
Speaking of which, why is it that Americans are so averse to taxes? It seems that many people dislike the very idea of taxation, notwithstanding how high they are.

Resistance to taxation is part of the genesis myth of our nation. :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 16, 2009, 04:00:27 PM

We have alot of Anarcho-Liberalism in our country.  Alot of people just hate authority in any guise, particularly that which takes their money and what garbon said.  Resisting taxes is in our blood.

Also we always suspect the government is screwing us over but that is hardly just an American thing.

Martinus

Man, you guys are like Poles. It's dreadful.

I wish my compatriots were more like Brits or Germans.  :(