News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Party!

Started by Savonarola, April 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2009, 03:39:21 PM
The die-hard anti-war protesters have been protesting.  They're very unhappy about Afghanistan.  It's just that they're a minority.

Just like the Libertarians and Pauliacs who normally do this sort of protesting will protest anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 03:41:20 PM
Neither do slaves. :contract:

Yes they do.  It is the very foundation of liberalism.  All men are created equal and have inalianable rights.  Groups have no rights.  Polish people have no rights to anything...Martinus though does have rights.  That is why nationalism (our group has a RIGHT to an independent nation) is an evil idea while liberalism (all people have rights) is good and right.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:40:32 PM
I doubt that.  But I hope you are right.  If the GOP would dump the social agenda I would support them.

To be clear, I'm stating what formula I think the GOP will need to win with, not necessarily what formula they will try to use.  It's entirely possible that we could run Huckabee in 2012, but I don't think someone like Huckabee would win.

Although I don't think we'll see another Reagan in our lifetime ( :( ), I think the GOP will need to do what Reagan & Bush-41 did-- court the libertarian vote.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 03:41:20 PM
Neither do slaves. :contract:

Yes they do.  It is the very foundation of liberalism.  All men are created equal and have inalianable rights.  Groups have no rights.  Polish people have no rights to anything...Martinus though does have rights.  That is why nationalism (our group has a RIGHT to an independent nation) is an evil idea while liberalism (all people have rights) is good and right.
You sound like a communist. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:40:32 PMI doubt that.  But I hope you are right.  If the GOP would dump the social agenda I would support them.
It depends what you mean by the social agenda.  I think they will get rid of the anti-gay marriage thing and switch to a Federalist position, which would be wise.  But I think being pro-life will remain a core part of Republican identity.  I think it should. 

The problem for Republicans is being able to pick someone who can appeal widely and possibly challenge some taboos while, currently, having a narrower party than they've had for a while.  It could happen very quickly, or it could be like the Tories and Labour in this country and they need a few kickings before they get the message.

QuoteJust like the Libertarians and Pauliacs who normally do this sort of protesting will protest anyway.
I thought this was an attempt at a broader protest?
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 15, 2009, 03:47:29 PM
You sound like a communist. :P

Communists are enemies of the people :angry:

MadBurgerMaker

Hey there's one of these going on down at the Alamo right now.

Edit: Glenn Beck is there.  :huh:

Edit2:  And Ted Nugent!  haha awesome!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Rally_could_bring_thousands.html

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

People talking about rights are weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 15, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
Edit2:  And Ted Nugent!  haha awesome!

It's not quite a net gain; but at least we got rid of something to make up for Joe the Plumber.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 15, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Rally_could_bring_thousands.html

QuoteGov. Perry plans to attend tea parties today in Austin, Arlington and Fort Worth, but he will not be in San Antonio, Perry spokesman Mark Miner said. Perry, like many Texans, is "tired of out-of-control spending," he said.

The spending championed by Texans like Bush and Delay?  Really?  I love people who combat the very things they create.  It shows such moral fortitude.  Texans: making me proud since 1836.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 04:02:32 PM
The spending championed by Texans like Bush and Delay?  Really?  I love people who combat the very things they create.  It shows such moral fortitude.  Texans: making me proud since 1836.

It's all about the hair, man.  Just focus on that, and ignore what he says and does.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2009, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:40:32 PM
I doubt that.  But I hope you are right.  If the GOP would dump the social agenda I would support them.

To be clear, I'm stating what formula I think the GOP will need to win with, not necessarily what formula they will try to use.  It's entirely possible that we could run Huckabee in 2012, but I don't think someone like Huckabee would win.

Although I don't think we'll see another Reagan in our lifetime ( :( ), I think the GOP will need to do what Reagan & Bush-41 did-- court the libertarian vote.

Bush 41 raised taxes didn't he?  And spending increased dramatically under Reagan.  Really Bush wasn't that different from those two.  Big difference was that the GOP was kept spell bound by Reagan's personality during his presidency.  They didn't actually get much in the way of their "small government" agenda.  I think this can clearly be see when so many Republicans were defecting to Ross Perot.  If they had gotten what they had wanted they wouldn't be so malcontent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017