And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Party!

Started by Savonarola, April 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Also Anderson Cooper, always wise:

"It's hard to talk when you're tea-bagging."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Quote from: The Brain on April 15, 2009, 02:51:20 PM
Don't they understand that taxes are for their own good?

No, some people are so short sighted they don't see the benefit of shooting Iraqis.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Well I hope Janet Napolitano is watching all the tea parties as close as possible.  Lots of dangerous right-wingers there.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2009, 03:12:29 PM
http://teaparty.gop.com/Default.aspx

The teaparty is a GOP creature?  :huh:  What?

The party most infamous for massive deficits is forming a party to combat deficits?  Well next time they get in power we will see...

If future results are indicated by past performance color me perplexed.  I thought they were the dudes who assumed the certainty of continous economic growth made deficits ok and our deficits were not actually bad at all compared to other countries if you go by things like percentage of the total economy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:16:46 PM

The news report I heard said libertarians were all pissy at the Republican party for that move.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteTea Partiers are hoping that if they mimic the energy of anti-war protests and the savvy of Obama's new media operation, that at some point an actual movement will spawn.  Getting together a bunch of pissed off middle-aged white people with no clue about how the tax system works in public areas will generate a coherent agenda designed to combat the stimulus; if it gets enough media coverage, they will DOMINATE THE AGENDA.

It's like taping a horn to a horse and waiting for it to alight on a magic cloud of stardust and pixies.

And then the Republicans will get back in power...and spend exactly the same amount that Obama is spending...only they will cut taxes while doing it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on April 15, 2009, 03:17:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:16:46 PM

The news report I heard said libertarians were all pissy at the Republican party for that move.

Anything that pisses off libertariantards makes me happy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Faeelin

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2009, 03:16:29 PM
Well I hope Janet Napolitano is watching all the tea parties as close as possible.  Lots of dangerous right-wingers there.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

I don't get your point. Was Oklahoma City done by a leftist?

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2009, 03:19:07 PM
Anything that pisses off libertariantards makes me happy.

:hug:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:18:34 PM
And then the Republicans will get back in power...and spend exactly the same amount that Obama is spending...only they will cut taxes while doing it.

You're assuming we get another big-government conservative like Bush.  I doubt that will happen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Faeelin on April 15, 2009, 03:19:28 PM

I think I'm missing your point as well.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2009, 03:19:43 PM
You're assuming we get another big-government conservative like Bush.  I doubt that will happen.

No I am assuming we get some socially conservative populist like Huckabee.  The days of the small government Republicans are over man.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on April 15, 2009, 03:19:28 PM

Extremism is something exhibited only by the right. :yes:

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on April 15, 2009, 03:18:34 PM

Then there's no difference at all as Barack has cut taxes too.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on April 15, 2009, 03:22:04 PM
Then there's no difference at all as Barack has cut taxes too.

Not the right ones. :angry: